Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Maybe. Wouldn't be surprised if Greenwood idolised Ryan Giggs as a kid...

Or maybe she wanted to release attention grabbing images on instagram to increase her brand value as a social media influencer.

We just don't know. I'm sure a lot more stuff will come out in due course.

are you for real?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty but has he issued a statement denying these accusations ? I haven't seen any.
I know if I was wrongfully accused of doing something like this I'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not so much an irritation, just very sad.

Our oldest member, a few weeks shy of 94, had a fall yesterday morning as he was leaving the club. The poor guy is about 8 stone dripping wet, and rather frail. Add in dementia too. A broken shoulder, broken hip and broken ankle. The doc’s were operating yesterday evening.

Waiting to hear…

Oh that is sad and hope he manages to pull through.

D

Deleted member 23270

96% of rape allegations are never prosecuted. Conviction rate for the other 4% pretty low.

Don’t worry football fans, he’ll be back banging in the goals in no time.

Meanwhile keep ignoring all the “low level” misogyny and abuse that leads to attacks like this.
According to the latest CPS figures 44.7% of cases are prosecuted.

D

Deleted member 16999

According to the latest CPS figures 44.7% of cases are prosecuted.
CPS Annual figures for last year:
“Rape prosecutions fell by 26% to a record low of 1,557 in 2020-21 from over 50,000 cases reported to the Police”

So not sure what the figure of 44.7% relates to.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
A bit trite compared to some of the points currently mentioned, but the Thortful adverts on Talksport, especially the one who sounds a bit like Jane Horrocks.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
CPS Annual figures for last year:
“Rape prosecutions fell by 26% to a record low of 1,557 in 2020-21 from over 50,000 cases reported to the Police”

So not sure what the figure of 44.7% relates to.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/publication/key-facts-about-how-CPS-prosecutes-allegations-rape

The CPS does not charge people with rape simply to increase prosecution numbers
As with any other offence, a decision to charge a suspect is made in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors. This means we will only charge where there is sufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction and a prosecution is in the public interest.

Evidence shows that the prevalence of these crimes is not decreasing. Figures from the Office for National Statistics show that recorded rapes doubled between financial year 2014-15 and 2018-19 to 58,614.

In the year ending 2019-20 the CPS completed charging decisions in relation to 4,184 suspects and 1,867 (44.7%) of those suspects were charged.

This was the one that came up when I googled it Paul, so I can see where DaveR got it from to be fair.

Given the issues that the pandemic has caused, could this have a bearing on what appears to be a substantial change in numbers, or are we somehow comparing apples & oranges?

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A bit trite compared to some of the points currently mentioned, but the Thortful adverts on Talksport, especially the one who sounds a bit like Jane Horrocks.

Is that the really.....really.....really....really one? I have to turn the volume to zero :mad:

They have failed with me because I had no idea what was being advertised.

D

Deleted member 16999

https://www.cps.gov.uk/publication/key-facts-about-how-CPS-prosecutes-allegations-rape

The CPS does not charge people with rape simply to increase prosecution numbers
As with any other offence, a decision to charge a suspect is made in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors. This means we will only charge where there is sufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction and a prosecution is in the public interest.

Evidence shows that the prevalence of these crimes is not decreasing. Figures from the Office for National Statistics show that recorded rapes doubled between financial year 2014-15 and 2018-19 to 58,614.

In the year ending 2019-20 the CPS completed charging decisions in relation to 4,184 suspects and 1,867 (44.7%) of those suspects were charged.

This was the one that came up when I googled it Paul, so I can see where DaveR got it from to be fair.

Given the issues that the pandemic has caused, could this have a bearing on what appears to be a substantial change in numbers, or are we somehow comparing apples & oranges?
I think the confusion comes from his answer to Kaz, she said allegations, Dave showed cases. The 20/21 report is out and that is the report I used for the figures I gave.

You know far better than me the evidence and procedures needed to charge someone, and accept there maybe some misunderstanding in terminology.

D

Deleted member 15344

96% of rape allegations are never prosecuted. Conviction rate for the other 4% pretty low.

Meanwhile keep ignoring all the “low level” misogyny and abuse that leads to attacks like this.

I’m pretty sure plenty “football fans” have been disgusted with it and condemned it

I would have thought throwing out generic statements and lumping everyone together would be something that wouldn’t sit well with you.

I’m a football fan and I’m horrified by what’s happened

And certainly wouldn’t ignore any level of abuse

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I've read some hypocrisy on these forums but thats up there with the best

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site