Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 16999

Someone is telling porkies. Is it the CPS or the press? Who knows......
I don’t doubt the figures from the CPS, as it says in the link, “In the year ending 2019-20 the CPS completed charging decisions in relation to 4,184 suspects and 1,867 (44.7%) of those suspects were charged.”

Kaz stated 96% of “Allegations” are not prosecuted, I would guess that means most “Allegations” never get to charging decisions.

As I quoted initially, the CPS 20/21 report stated over 50,000 allegations led to 1557 prosecutions, that’s approx 3% of those allegations prosecuted.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don’t doubt the figures from the CPS, as it says in the link, “In the year ending 2019-20 the CPS completed charging decisions in relation to 4,184 suspects and 1,867 (44.7%) of those suspects were charged.”

Kaz stated 96% of “Allegations” are not prosecuted, I would guess that means most “Allegations” never get to charging decisions.

As I quoted initially, the CPS 20/21 report stated over 50,000 allegations led to 1557 prosecutions, that’s approx 3% of those allegations prosecuted.
How many Alligators ? :whistle::p

D

Deleted member 23270

The key word there is 'allegations' maybe Kaz should stick to facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1740

For the umpteenth time my mate text to say he couldn't play this morning. This time 30 minutes before we were to tee off, so I was already there.

I think it’s time to take the hint, he doesn’t wanna play with you no more?

D

Deleted member 23270

”Kaz stated 96% of allegations are not prosecuted…” is a fact.
It may be a 'fact' but the CPS does not prosecute unless there is sufficient evidence to back up an 'allegation' which would suggest that there isn't sufficient evidence.

D

Deleted member 16999

Seriously? I quote facts whilst someone else quotes allegations. What's your problem?
The number of allegations to the Police is factual! Or are you saying as there were only 1557 prosecutions out of the 50,000 means, the other 48,443 were telling lies or wasting Police time.

D

Deleted member 23270

The number of allegations to the Police is factual! Or are you saying as there were only 1557 prosecutions out of the 50,000 means, the other 48,443 were telling lies or wasting Police time.
If the police didn't pass the file to the CPS then it suggests there wasn't sufficient evidence. Some cases may be genuine but there have been many cases in the press that have been proved to be false.

D

Deleted member 16999

If the police didn't pass the file to the CPS then it suggests there wasn't sufficient evidence. Some cases may be genuine but there have been many cases in the press that have been proved to be false.
I think we need a serving or ex-serving Policeman to tell you how it works as I believe it’s CPS decision to charge someone!

D

Deleted member 15344

Hi all - this is where I got that stat from

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48095118

Really don't appreciate the personal attacks, thanks.

Just to confirm - what I had issue with was the lumping of all football fans in together with the message we just cared about him scoring goals when it was clear on here many were appalled by it and certainly no one ignoring any abuse.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You’re going to have to explain that one I’m afraid.
If i came on here and wrote something sexist, or homophobic, or racist you would (quite rightly) come down on it like a ton of bricks. Yet you have no qualms about tarring all football supporters with the same brush as a bunch of misogynistic chest beating rapist sympathisers. Despite not one single post defending him in any way.