Random Irritations

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Just as well you don't believe a word of what you've stated as fact something that you think others of a different mindset should believe.

Without making any comment on the specific story reported - I can sell my house to whomsoever I want. When we sold my parents house my brother and I discriminated against an older retired wealthy couple looking to downsize, in favour of the young couple with a 2yr old and another on the way - even although the older couple offered us more for the house. I guess we were being ageist. Damn.

It is a well known "fact "that mainstream Christianity believes that the Bible is the Word of God. When this is a pointed out in a discussion , usually to refute such a belief, then some, most these days, say that particular tenet is not their belief. But when it suits, the Bible is referenced by them to support their standpoint.
IOW - cherry picking at its finest.!

And as to selling your house to whomsoever you wish,- fine.....but not now so straightforward.like running a boarding house....cannot discriminate on guests.
What would you be saying if someone refused to sell a house to you because you were religious, I wonder?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Getting part way to work and realising I'd left my trainers at home so no gym after work today. Still doing my beach walk though shortly.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
A road closure on the way to work. No warning in advance (warning of closure was right next to the actual closure and only appeared today. Diversion signs start half way along the diversion route and the route is a one lane country track with no room for passing traffic unless you go in a hedge.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
A road closure on the way to work. No warning in advance (warning of closure was right next to the actual closure and only appeared today. Diversion signs start half way along the diversion route and the route is a one lane country track with no room for passing traffic unless you go in a hedge.

If they were emergency works how could there be advance warning?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
If they were emergency works how could there be advance warning?

They were not emergency works, they were what appeared to planned works to the services connecting to a small development on the edge of a village. They had also managed to produce a proper sign stating that it was giving advanced warning of the road being closed from 25th January to 31st January but did not actually put that sign up until the morning of 25th.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
They were not emergency works, they were what appeared to planned works to the services connecting to a small development on the edge of a village. They had also managed to produce a proper sign stating that it was giving advanced warning of the road being closed from 25th January to 31st January but did not actually put that sign up until the morning of 25th.

Then complain to your local highway department about their failure to put out the advance warning signs; if it’s a permit condition then they can get penalised for non compliance. If they had done that down here the permit would have been revoked.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Then complain to your local highway department about their failure to put out the advance warning signs; if it’s a permit condition then they can get penalised for non compliance. If they had done that down here the permit would have been revoked.

I am randomly irritated not massively outraged. Will take another route in the morning.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Part of an E mail from my club yesterday......

"Unfortunately, as many of you will be aware, at lunchtime today there was an incident involving two youths riding scramble bikes across the golf course.

Members and staff did their best to diffuse the situation but not before three of the greens had been damaged.

The greens affected are on Holes 5, 6 & 7. The worst being the 5th which has been moved to a temporary green until repaired and fit to play.

The incident has been reported to Cheshire Police and is currently being investigated"

Marvellous. :(:mad: