Random Irritations

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh, what am I missing ........................ I'm probably too stupid to even notice!

You are not the only one.

That said, if my life was that dependent on a forum that I had to sneak back on under an alias then I would have to take a long hard look at my life in general. Enjoy contributing on here but it would not be the end of my world if that stopped.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was responding to the suggestion that a driver would be held responsible for hitting a cyclist/pedestrian they couldn’t actually see. The trauma suffered by that driver is a different matter altogether.
In a way yes, but in a way no.
The lady in question was driving along a narrow road with cars parked both sides.( only room for 1 car at a time with cars parked both sides).
She wasn’t going fast, but the child ran out from being crouched down behind a car and got 1 foot out from the parked car before bein hit. She never saw him until she hit him as it was impossible to do so.
It wasn’t the Injuring the boy that caused her trauma, but the sheer fright of not seeing the child until impact and that sheer fright of the situation is what she never got over.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
A car park I parked in yesterday has an option to pay later within 24 hours rather than walk to the pay machine.

Brilliant, revolutionary, time saving until when you remember 26 hours has passed. ??‍♂️

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
After all these years how are search engines so poor (google in particular)

If I search for abc item in xyz colour don’t show me websites that only sell that item in other colours… as part of the top results!
(oh and you'd think by now they could eliminate sites from the top results that don't even have the item in stock)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Last edited:

RichA

Visit site
Disgusting. Religion should be consigned to history. It’s just an excuse for bigotry and hatred.
I'm not religious or spiritual.
I know religious people who are not bigoted.
I know people with no religion who are extremely bigoted.
Most religion is pretty harmless. Some idiots use it as an excuse for their bigotry. Others don't need an excuse.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
After all these years how are search engines so poor (google in particular)

If I search for abc item in xyz colour don’t show me websites that only sell that item in other colours… as part of the top results!
(oh and you'd think by now they could eliminate sites from the top results that don't even have the item in stock)

i am trying to get Mrs D a pair of trainers that are rarer than a fragger birdie and so i have put the make, style and size in the search bar.

click on the many links and they don't actually have them

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My Dyson v6 - oh how I have moaned about it as after a couple of years use, the battery seemed unable to hold more than 10seconds of life. And then last week - out of the blue and for no apparent reason, the battery is holding as much charge as I need it to...and more...

I thought it might be a one-off - or that I was imagining things - but no...used it many times since and and just used it again - and it's working just grand.

And I have no idea why - what's happened - or what I have done differently. And that is very irritating and why I post about it on this thread rather than on Things that Gladden the Heart one - because if it returns to it's useless ways I have no idea what to do to fix it.

Meanwhile I give thanks for some respite from my irritation with my v6. Still think Dysons are over-hyped; not worth the money, and unlikely to buy another.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I hope they are not having any viewings on the sabbath (whichever day that is) because working on the sabbath is a sin and punishable by stoning to death. Numbers 15:32-36
Isn't religion lovely*

*Other cherry-picked religions are available
Just as well you don't believe a word of what you've stated as fact something that you think others of a different mindset should believe.

Without making any comment on the specific story reported - I can sell my house to whomsoever I want. When we sold my parents house my brother and I discriminated against an older retired wealthy couple looking to downsize, in favour of the young couple with a 2yr old and another on the way - even although the older couple offered us more for the house. I guess we were being ageist. Damn.

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Dyson v6 - oh how I have moaned about it as after a couple of years use, the battery seemed unable to hold more than 10seconds of life. And then last week - out of the blue and for no apparent reason, the battery is holding as much charge as I need it to...and more...

I thought it might be a one-off - or that I was imagining things - but no...used it many times since and and just used it again - and it's working just grand.

And I have no idea why - what's happened - or what I have done differently. And that is very irritating and why I post about it on this thread rather than on Things that Gladden the Heart one - because if it returns to it's useless ways I have no idea what to do to fix it.

Meanwhile I give thanks for some respite from my irritation with my v6. Still think Dysons are over-hyped; not worth the money, and unlikely to buy another.

Agree on Dysons. They used to be great but once production moved abroad and standards dropped they have seriously gone down in quality. Thing is, it is too late and good luck getting spares for anything other than a Dyson if you do have a problem.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Just as well you don't believe a word of what you've stated as fact something that you think others of a different mindset should believe.

I'm just suggesting that those who tell me the bible is the word of god, should follow all of it, not just the good bits.
Especially those who come knocking on my door a couple of times a year, telling me I must repent.