Random Irritations

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Life isn’t the same as it was 18 months ago. Many people have seen their social life turned upside down, are suffering cabin fever and are struggling with their wellbeing. In that environment is it a surprise that things on the forum get heated sometimes?

And I think more are suffering than would like to admit it.

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
In fairness the other two told her she could, they wanted 3 in the final chase more than they wanted the big pot.

I'm sure they were both just being polite.
Their £47,000 was being reduced by £17,000 and then shared between three!
I'd never advise someone to go for such a huge minus offer. It'd feel like I was asking them to rob me.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I'd never advise someone to go for such a huge minus offer. It'd feel like I was asking them to rob me.

But they did; in fact the woman that won the £40,000 advised both the contestants that followed her that she was happy to see them take the low offer.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Made perfect sense if I’m honest. With that much prize money in the pot surely the priority has to be bums on seats. Not many shows are won with two contestants, and a third share of £30k would still have been a good afternoon’s work.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
But they did; in fact the woman that won the £40,000 advised both the contestants that followed her that she was happy to see them take the low offer.

genuinely dont see the point in risking your own place in the final to go high to then tell someone else to take almost half of it away by going low, so -EV its unreal

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I could never do it, could you?

Sat in my armchair, no I couldn't; stood there with the two who have put the money in the pot giving me carte blanche to do so I might consider it, depending on the exact circumstances. I'd like to think I wouldn't but...

Don't get me wrong, I have no time for those who have contributed nothing to the pot going low to steal what the others have earned. But today's seat 4 had earned decent money & was urged by both of those though to take the low offer. I'd view those two circumstances entirely differently.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I think you have to set the money to one side and ask yourselves as a team, honestly, what gives you the best chance of beating the chaser. Surely beating the chaser is the priority, with any money won a by-product of doing that. The woman who took back £40k (note, she didn’t win £40k, because nobody wins a penny until the end of the show), very clearly understood that principle, or she would never in a month of Sundays have suggested taking -£17k.

Three have more chance of winning than two. That has to be the guiding factor, surely. If you don’t beat the chaser, you win zip.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It's a team game tho

I work (well worked as he has been promoted) with someone who beat the chaser .. they won a fair amount

When we saw it we basically saw that he beat the chaser (proper quiz buff) whilst the other person didnt answer many questions

He said he didn't mind it's a team game

Screenshot_20211209-222436_copy_1024x570.png

Awful jumper tho bazza

Last edited:

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I think you have to set the money to one side and ask yourselves as a team, honestly, what gives you the best chance of beating the chaser. Surely beating the chaser is the priority, with any money won a by-product of doing that. The woman who took back £40k (note, she didn’t win £40k, because nobody wins a penny until the end of the show), very clearly understood that principle, or she would never in a month of Sundays have suggested taking -£17k.

Three have more chance of winning than two. That has to be the guiding factor, surely. If you don’t beat the chaser, you win zip.

Exactly this. I've said for ages that the outcome of this show is not in the gift of the contestants. It is with those running the show.
On the show you can get all the questions right, yet still lose.
No matter how big the pot, if the chaser answers the questions put to him, /her , you lose.?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
An unvaccinated colleague is having to isolate until he gets his pcr test results back. A customer had an outbreak of covid this week while he was there so he’s had to drive home.
Silly silly boy and the rest of us will have to pick up his slack.