Random Irritations

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Work apps for shifts. Utterly useless. My shifts changed twice in two days so I rearranged my week then everything got changed and I had to go in early today, albeit late, and told them they could shove the friday shift, as I had now made other plans. The systems that are used by Tesco are so outdated you'd think we were still in the early 1980s.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The amount of silly arguing and willy waving on the forum over the last few months. Seems every thread gets infected at some point nowadays.

Some people just love to argue.
And if there's nothing to argue about, they'll make a sweeping statement that they know will start an argument and off they go. Pathetic

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The fact that it is damned difficult to buy a mask on the high street now as they all sold there stock off cheap in the Summer when rules were relaxed.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
The amount of silly arguing and willy waving on the forum over the last few months. Seems every thread gets infected at some point nowadays.
It's pretty much a law of nature that all internet forums start out as civilized discussion groups but eventually descend into a cesspit of squabbling.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
English cricket.

Am I allowed to have that as a random irritation, or should I confine it to the Cricket 2021 thread?
I can't bear to go on the thread right now, probably not for the next 2 months either. If I read what is on there it will make it real. At the moment everything is happening overnight, I don't have BT sport, it can all be ignored, fingers in ears etc. I don't think we whould bother touring any more, too much pain.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Some people just love to argue.
And if there's nothing to argue about, they'll make a sweeping statement that they know will start an argument and off they go. Pathetic

The same tendency is there in the media as presenters vie for attention and politicians want publicity.

People, in general, have enough food and comfort so with time on their hands make mischief.

Alexander the Great had to keep his troops occupied by raping and pillaging to keep them from fighting each other- not a lot has changed.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At the top of your backswing on your shot to the green, and your playing partner picks up his clubs and all the irons rattle together. Big fat and ball goes nowhere.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
To be fair, it's nothing new. There's a sticky post from almost 4 years saying calm down as flaming, trolling and the like is on the rise. The forum really has lost it's way in recent times, with the banning of topics , which only served to cause some real quality posters to leave.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The same tendency is there in the media as presenters vie for attention and politicians want publicity.

People, in general, have enough food and comfort so with time on their hands make mischief.

Alexander the Great had to keep his troops occupied by raping and pillaging to keep them from fighting each other- not a lot has changed.
If it wasn’t for marriage we’d have to squabble with strangers…(Chic Murray)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be fair, it's nothing new. There's a sticky post from almost 4 years saying calm down as flaming, trolling and the like is on the rise. The forum really has lost it's way in recent times, with the banning of topics , which only served to cause some real quality posters to leave.

Yeah I know, iirc it was a small amount of threads before, it seems to be every thread now. People arguing the toss over 0.00001 or just shouting down people who don’t agree with their opinion. It’s boring and laughable in a way, like watching PM’s QT ??

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yeah I know, iirc it was a small amount of threads before, it seems to be every thread now. People arguing the toss over 0.00001 or just shouting down people who don’t agree with their opinion. It’s boring and laughable in a way, like watching PM’s QT ??

To be honest when I was struggling with my mental health and took a sabbatical I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. Having decided to come back, and having only been back a short while I am already questioning if its worth it all. A few (usual suspects) already posting disappointing comments (its banter!!) and I'm simply trying to let it flow and not let it get me down (getting harder day by day). Definitely not the place it was even 12 months ago but yet when you turn up at a meet it's a cracking day out. Very strange how people can behave on a keyboard and be so different in person