Random Irritations

RichA

Visit site
Dog walkers who make the effort to pick up but dump the bag of poo on top of or next to the bin because it's full. There are 2 more within 200 yards.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I downloaded windows11 to my pc last night and and this morning I needed to update and restart.
So far in almost 3 hrs I’m at 15%
I downloaded windows11 to my pc last night and and this morning I needed to update and restart.
So far in almost 3 hrs I’m at 15%

If you have a virtual monopoly you can turn out any old rubbish and use the customer as a tester

Swango1980

Visit site
Just heard from a colleague, who has heard from a friend pretty high up within a large media company, that apparently Boris is about to announce we all have to start home working again.

Of course, I cannot confirm or deny this is true, but having to go back home and working on a coffee table would be very irritating for me :( . If it is true, I just hope it is for legitimate reasons, and not as a means to push stories about Xmas parties out of the headlines

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just heard from a colleague, who has heard from a friend pretty high up within a large media company, that apparently Boris is about to announce we all have to start home working again.

Of course, I cannot confirm or deny this is true, but having to go back home and working on a coffee table would be very irritating for me :( . If it is true, I just hope it is for legitimate reasons, and not as a means to push stories about Xmas parties out of the headlines

Some of us have never stopped working off of inappropriate work surfaces, count yourself lucky you got the break. :mad:

D-S

Visit site
People claiming that, as those in authority might have broken a rule, that somehow removes any obligation of others to follow the law or their own common sense.
If I hear of someone in authority caught drink driving that doesn’t suddenly make me think it is ok to have 4 pints and drive. It certainly might inform my opinion of them but it has no bearings at all on my behaviour.

Swango1980

Visit site
People claiming that, as those in authority might have broken a rule, that somehow removes any obligation of others to follow the law or their own common sense.
If I hear of someone in authority caught drink driving that doesn’t suddenly make me think it is ok to have 4 pints and drive. It certainly might inform my opinion of them but it has no bearings at all on my behaviour.
Haha, I was thinking that today when watching GMB. "Why should the public trust the government when they ask us to take vaccines, when they have a party and break the rules themselves?"

Me: "Let me take this one, Mr MP. As a member of the public, I'll take a vaccine because pretty much everyone within the medical field say it is a good idea. Maybe some people won't take a vaccine, and there might be several reasons. However, if they are simply not taking a vaccine because they just found out there might have been a part at Downing Street in Xmas 2020, then it says more about that individual than it does about government"

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Totally agree, sort of thing bandied about by those already looking to tor who have already broken the rules.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The thing is, if you count the amateur Facebook/twitter/Youtube brigade, the ''media'' is about 10 times the size it used to be.
And they all think they have the facts. I heard a guy a few days ago that stated as a fact that the dormant Graphene Oxide in the vaccine was being activated by 5G. :eek::mad:.

They may be entitled to their own opinion but they are not entitled to their own facts.
Sadly, the anti vaxer will latch on to any excuse to not take the vaccine however absurd it sounds to others

Last edited by a moderator: