Random Irritations

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd be much happier if they'd support Windows Seven again.
You do know that Windows 7 still works, don't you?
At least it does on my laptop, and it remains my choice of OS for general use.

Another perfectly fine alternative is any one of the huge range of Linux versions. Unless you have some applications that only run on Windows (and won't run under a Linux Windows emulator), there's little point in sticking with Windows.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
UK Immigration's damn "Passenger Locator Form" ... Q. Do you want to upload proof of vaccination. Me. "Yes" . But can you upload anything? Can you buggery. I tried all the various options (scan, screenshot, camera, file etc) - several times - and every time "upload failed". Same for HID. I've no problem with the concept of the form but they should at least make sure the tech works.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
People getting annoyed because the people who told them they couldn’t do a thing, did the thing they were telling people not to do. Despite the people now annoyed at being told not to do a thing, mostly ignored being told not to do a thing and did it anyway.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
People getting annoyed because the people who told them they couldn’t do a thing, did the thing they were telling people not to do. Despite the people now annoyed at being told not to do a thing, mostly ignored being told not to do a thing and did it anyway.
Many, many more didn’t - we did exactly and fully what was asked of us…as we continue to do…and as we will continue to do…despite everything.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Many, many more didn’t - we did exactly and fully what was asked of us…as we continue to do…and as we will continue to do…despite everything.

I’m not so sure that many did. Most people seemed to pick and choose what suited them.

Last edited by a moderator:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’m not so sure that many did. Most people seemed to pick and choose what suited them.
I suspect that very many did make significant sacrifices in respect of meeting up with family and friends, even though they may not have adhered 100% to every rule. That said, Me and my Mrs don’t consider what we did last Christmas as particularly unusual, we simply adhered strictly to the rules.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Distribution of wealth to even the playing field. As was pointed out, why should the better commercially run clubs subsidise the poorly run ones?
It's a fundamental feature/law of nature that the 'better placed for success' tend to survive best - though with occasional/random 'abberations' that can have random good or bad effects.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I suspect that very many did make significant sacrifices in respect of meeting up with family and friends, even though they may not have adhered 100% to every rule. That said, Me and my Mrs don’t consider what we did last Christmas as particularly unusual, we simply adhered strictly to the rules.
From 22nd December 2020…and our sacrifices of the 1st paragraph of my post were very much less significant and long lasting than those of many…most on here will have had a similar experience.

https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/coronavirus-how-is-it-has-it-affected-you.104530/post-2280199

I’ll add that my wife lost two uncles and an aunt in the first months of 2021…she and her cousins and their families had little of no contact with their parents in the months leading up to their deaths.

Am I irritated?…not half as saddened as I was then, and as I am today.

I also note the gratitude in that post as my Mrs was also getting her first jag the next day. We had great hope for 2021.

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Two random irritations today. Mrs BiM found one of our elderly neighbours had fallen on Monday. She called an ambulance, and with the help of the fire brigade the lady was taken to hospital.

The first irritation is that one of her friends called today. No answer at the door so he called through the letter box. On being told that she'd had a fall and couldn't get to the door, he said that he'd come back another time, walked away & left her.

Irritation number two is that Mrs BiM decided to put the lady's post into her house from the porch. Goes in to find the kitchen window forced, all the drawers open & her jewellery box ransacked. Scum, absolute scum.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Playing away tomorrow and using my carry bag for the first time this winter. Cannot find the clip that attaches my skycaddie to the bag.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hearing that Christmas Wreaths are being stolen on one estate as well as Christmas lights being cut with shears.....
If they catch them I really hope they knock up some public stocks....got some fruit on the way out - perfect way to get shot of it....:mad:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Should be able to pick up a replacement fairly cheaply, carabiner clips ?
It’s an old SG5 and the bit I’ve lost is the the piece that slides and locks into the body. I have it somewhere but cannot remember where I have put it. Already looked on eBay and there’s loads of them. Annoying as I don’t usually lose things.