Random Irritations

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I just decided to try and put it on again and it's recovered itself! Thank god! Time to back everything up!! I'm so relieved.
What's the saying? If you haven't got at least three backups, preferably in different locations, your data is already gone.

As it's out of warranty and won't be maintained by your employer, have you ordered a new one already?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Evri - surprise, surprise! Expecting a delivery that was sent using next delivery service. I can see on the app that they have had it since Sunday and it just moves location each day. Is next day like tomorrow in that it never comes?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Further to my laptop woes yesterday - again this morning it's not working. I ring IT to ask what time my new one is arriving, naively expecting it to be today. Ha. They tell me it takes 3 to 4 days. I ask them what I'm supposed to do in the meantime and they couldn't give less of a toss. I've had to send an email round my team (via phone) asking if anyone has a spare to loan me. It's not like I work for a small company, this is honestly pish poor in my opinion. IT outsourced to India, I can barely hear them on the phone and their level of 'support' amounts to roughly the same as me just Googling it.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
🤪 turn anyone mad

Get yourself a subnet mask cheat calc

I don’t think it will help my head exploding. Had an issue with a couple of pc’s not connecting, turned out 255.255.255.0 should have been 255.255.254.0
Even when it got explained to me my head hurt 🤣

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Further to my laptop woes yesterday - again this morning it's not working. I ring IT to ask what time my new one is arriving, naively expecting it to be today. Ha. They tell me it takes 3 to 4 days. I ask them what I'm supposed to do in the meantime and they couldn't give less of a toss. I've had to send an email round my team (via phone) asking if anyone has a spare to loan me. It's not like I work for a small company, this is honestly pish poor in my opinion. IT outsourced to India, I can barely hear them on the phone and their level of 'support' amounts to roughly the same as me just Googling it.
Next time, just watch an episode of the IT Crowd instead of ringing them 😂 .

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Mentioned Q jumpers before, using left turn lanes, slip roads, service roads etc to leapfrog the queuing traffic… watched some last night actually use a petrol station forecourt adjacent to carriageway to slip in/out without fueling just to pass more of the waiting traffic

Their self-entitlement has no limit

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Mixer tap in the kitchen has started dripping.

Did a bit of research and it looked like a straightforward job to replace the cartridges. (Thought I might as well do both taps as if one has gone, the other is bound to follow suit quite soon).

Duly ordered a set and managed to replace the cold one no problem. Moved onto the hot tap, only to find the thread has gone on the screw which attaches through the handle to the cartridge. Phillips screwdriver not catching at all. Tried putting a rubber band on the end of the screwdriver, no luck. Had a google, and saw this Screw Grip stuff which you put in the space on the head of the screw, claims to improve grip by 800%. Arrived this morning, didn't make a blind bit of difference. Total waste of money.

Then tried drilling the screw out, no luck either. Very frustrating. Really don't want to pay a plumber a call out charge for what will no doubt be a two minute job for him.

And the tap is still dripping - sod's law, it was the hot one.

NearHull

Visit site
Mixer tap in the kitchen has started dripping.

Did a bit of research and it looked like a straightforward job to replace the cartridges. (Thought I might as well do both taps as if one has gone, the other is bound to follow suit quite soon).

Duly ordered a set and managed to replace the cold one no problem. Moved onto the hot tap, only to find the thread has gone on the screw which attaches through the handle to the cartridge. Phillips screwdriver not catching at all. Tried putting a rubber band on the end of the screwdriver, no luck. Had a google, and saw this Screw Grip stuff which you put in the space on the head of the screw, claims to improve grip by 800%. Arrived this morning, didn't make a blind bit of difference. Total waste of money.

Then tried drilling the screw out, no luck either. Very frustrating. Really don't want to pay a plumber a call out charge for what will no doubt be a two minute job for him.

And the tap is still dripping - sod's law, it was the hot one.
Have you tried a set of Easyouts?