Random Irritations

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Rupert was bit stinky yesterday so got he a bath, which he hated. on the walk today we cut down a lane to head from the canal up to the Hills, as the cows and sheep were gone from the fields i let him off the lead... my first mistake.. he straight away found a big wet cow pat and rolled in it. so we cut across some open fields we'd not been in before... someone foind 3 dead sheep and rolled in those too. went though the woods and guess what he found a pretty ripe looking dead Deer and rolled in that as well.

spend a good half hour washing him off in the Ness on the way home, i had to have another shower when i got in as well:sick:

Last edited:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I know Mars is very interesting but the money spent to do this so a few people can get intellectual orgasms, seems a bit insensitive when we have so many people poor and suffering. ( not talking about the golf community here)
You should read up about the benefits that have come from space exploration. There are very many.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am sure they have, but the point is clean up one mess before moving to the next thing

Climate change is a bigger and badder threat than covid has been .. it will wipe out the entire race

Science needs to be fully funded to work out how the heck to get us out the mess

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Climate change is a bigger and badder threat than covid has been .. it will wipe out the entire race

Science needs to be fully funded to work out how the heck to get us out the mess
Climate change is pretty straightforward, we have seen an improvement with the lack of traffic. But we need that to stick. The next one is packaging and that could be sorted with simple legislation. The point is there are wealthy people who don’t want to change or improve the environment.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Climate change is pretty straightforward, we have seen an improvement with the lack of traffic. But we need that to stick. The next one is packaging and that could be sorted with simple legislation. The point is there are wealthy people who don’t want to change or improve the environment.
Traffic is small fry

Boilers
Meat
Flying

3 of the worst

But we all need heat, love meat and people like holiday's

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Add in cheap fashion, cheap disposable goods from China, shipping, construction, and motoring (including manufacture), and we are all doomed.

You only need to look at how many cars people have owned to see part of the problem with modern society. Every one wants something new all the time.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I know Mars is very interesting but the money spent to do this so a few people can get intellectual orgasms, seems a bit insensitive when we have so many people poor and suffering. ( not talking about the golf community here)

Age old point of view about humankind exploration. That exploration and pushing boundaries will always happen.
And if humans are to survive for hundreds of more years from now, then it will be necessary to find somewhere else to live , as well as here.

Last edited:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
This is the core issue. The world runs on commerce and profit. The only way things will change is when the green alternative becomes cheaper - then the businessmen will flock to change over.

We need renewables to become cheaper than fossil fuels - we're getting there.
And we need other forms of packaging to become cheaper than plastic - I see little progress on this one. Plastigeddon might get us before climate change.