How short?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our shortest is 136 off whites.

Anything long, right, short left or left can be very penalising.

The green sits well above the surrounding land left back and right. Bunkers are very deep, the green is well above head height if you are in the one on the right. If you have gone through the back of the green it is around 15 - 20 foot above head height.

I once run up a 10 on the hole in a medal.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The hardest one I've played (as far as I remember) is the 13th at Tandridge. Up to 223 yards and a cliff face on the right hand side. Played it a few times and only managed to get on once off the tee. But it does set you up for the 14th one of the most beautiful holes on a stunning course

The miss left isn't a picnic either, chipping downhill towards the cliff face on the right. and it falls away at the back

Might be something about long par 3 13th holes, because the one at High Elms is possibly worse. :eek:

Is that the one before the massive downhill par 4?
If so..yeah, made a right horlicks of that at H4H.....:cautious:

That's the one.

Grizzly

Visit site
We have two lovely short holes - 140 and 150 I believe - that could not be more different - one is steeply downhill, can be reached with a well struck wedge on a good day, the other sharply uphill and often needs a solid 7 iron!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our 8th is 204 uphill into the wind.
We asked the members in the house once and 50% hit driver.
For me that’s a bit long ,

I once played Burnham and Berrow in a comp where every player was 8 handicap or better. Back 9 was in to wind and play had become quite slow. On the par 3 14 (180 whites) there was a queue . I watched 12 players tee off 11 took drivers and one a 1 iron of the 12 only 1 finished on the green.

https://www.burnhamandberrowgolfclub.co.uk/course/course-tour/championship/hole/14/

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I once played Burnham and Berrow in a comp where every player was 8 handicap or better. Back 9 was in to wind and play had become quite slow. On the par 3 14 (180 whites) there was a queue . I watched 12 players tee off 11 took drivers and one a 1 iron of the 12 only 1 finished on the green.

https://www.burnhamandberrowgolfclub.co.uk/course/course-tour/championship/hole/14/
Most brutal one I have faced is on Conway .
Think it’s 15th you can hit anything in the wind

D

Deleted member 15344

On the back of the 7th at Pebble playing 100 yards....
What's your shortest par 3?
Off the Competition Tee.
Ellesborough - 16th hole 127 yards.

Nice hole to get a Hole in One on ?

That’s really nice.
Very green for a links when was the photo taken.?

It’s not your traditional Links courses , it’s a course instead the M25 which is open so is windy and prob plays at times like a links courses , it’s the same with somewhere like Newmarket Links - they call them “inland links “

Our shortest par 3 is 149 from the whites and about 120 from the yellows

One of the hardest I have played is the 15th at Blackmoor-will be interesting to see how many player par it at H4H

Last edited by a moderator:

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Might be something about long par 3 13th holes, because the one at High Elms is possibly worse. :eek:

Uphill, OB left, doodah right, 220 ish off whites and cross bunkers from about 195 - 215 carry. Wicked slope back to front and left to right iirc. Did I mention it's uphill? I actually think that Tandridge 13th is easier :eek:

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think my living room is wider than the 2nd green. It’s a pretty horrible green when the course is dry and hard.

Ridiculously that hole is the closest i have come to an ace. Pin was back left so couldn't see the hole from the tee, thought it looked close but had rolled off. When we got up there the ball was six inches from the hole, and you see from the dew it had rolled right over the edge of it ??

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s not your traditional Links courses , it’s a course instead the M25 which is open so is windy and prob plays at times like a links courses , it’s the same with somewhere like Newmarket Links - they call them “inland links “
Seems similar style to Pedham Place at Swanley - a couple of junctions clockwise further round the M25.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Uphill, OB left, doodah right, 220 ish off whites and cross bunkers from about 195 - 215 carry. Wicked slope back to front and left to right iirc. Did I mention it's uphill? I actually think that Tandridge 13th is easier :eek:

You'll get no argument from me on that one. (y)