How short?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
11th. 140 yards, slightly uphill, bunkers left right and short with a bit of a false front.

They don't have to be long to be good. The new one at the point on the Himalayas loop at Princes is short, but miss the green and it is not an easy up & down. It's a great little hole.

D

Deleted Member 1156

The yardage on the card is a bit pointless at my place as only 1 of the par 3's has a small green. Depending on wind and flag location you can have about 4 clubs difference on some holes.

Edit: according to the card ours is the 6th. 166 yards uphill into the wind, normally about a 6i in summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our 2nd is called The Needle. Anything form 110 to 150 yds depending on the pin. Long narrow green, raised on three sides with bushes at the back and a bunker front right. Only place to miss is short, anything else you're as good as dead. Many many medal cards have been wrecked here with a 6 or 7

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Ours is about 120yds but is a tricky little hole. Surrounded by water on 3 sides and trees/thick rough on the other means you have to be hitting the green or hitting a provisional normally.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Only played it once, but the 2 nd at Three Locks between Leighton Buzzard and Milton Keynes is a 90 yarder off the whites and can be as short as 60 off the yellows

Tricky, downhiller certainly not a gimmee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
4th at Nairn at 155.

the shortest i know up here is 13th at Muir of Ord 106, but you play onto Castle hill which is a hill fort, a hill with a bit of flat at the top, don't think i've ever pared it TBH

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The shortest at my place is around 140yds, 2nd.

My favourite is at The Hirsel, Coldstream, 10th hole. 98yds off the whites, elevated tee by some degree. You hit an elevated club, turn, have a chat with you pp and wait for it to land, hoping you got your distance right. It's a lot of fun to play.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Our 2nd is called The Needle. Anything form 110 to 150 yds depending on the pin. Long narrow green, raised on three sides with bushes at the back and a bunker front right. Only place to miss is short, anything else you're as good as dead. Many many medal cards have been wrecked here with a 6 or 7

I think my living room is wider than the 2nd green. It’s a pretty horrible green when the course is dry and hard.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The shortest at my place is around 140yds, 2nd.

My favourite is at The Hirsel, Coldstream, 10th hole. 98yds off the whites, elevated tee by some degree. You hit an elevated club, turn, have a chat with you pp and wait for it to land, hoping you got your distance right. It's a lot of fun to play.
Played The Hirsel once, in 1991.
Still remember that hole, 30 years later ????

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remember playing one in Spain can’t remember where .
Had the rep of being the shortest hole in pro golf.
We all had a go at throwing one down the hill three got it on.
Very long time ago , sure it was only about 56 yds approx .

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The hardest one I've played (as far as I remember) is the 13th at Tandridge. Up to 223 yards and a cliff face on the right hand side. Played it a few times and only managed to get on once off the tee. But it does set you up for the 14th one of the most beautiful holes on a stunning course

D

Deleted Member 1156

I remember playing one in Spain can’t remember where .
Had the rep of being the shortest hole in pro golf.
We all had a go at throwing one down the hill three got it on.
Very long time ago , sure it was only about 56 yds approx .
Torrequabrada?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The hardest one I've played (as far as I remember) is the 13th at Tandridge. Up to 223 yards and a cliff face on the right hand side. Played it a few times and only managed to get on once off the tee. But it does set you up for the 14th one of the most beautiful holes on a stunning course
Is that the one before the massive downhill par 4?
If so..yeah, made a right horlicks of that at H4H.....:cautious: