Holidays in the UK 2022

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Think carefully about going to Florida too early. The parks there are big, the days long and full of little kids crying through tiredness as the day goes on. Paris you can do from young but I'd look at aged 8 minimum for Florida. I think our youngest was 12 when we went and I'm pleased she was that old and able to cope. It made the holiday much better, less stress.

It's fabulous by the way, everything you would hope, but it can be tiring.

Good shout, thanks. The boy will be 8 but my daughter will be 4 so we'll have a think.
I've already been in 2007 as a 24 year old so didn't pay attention to kids as I was too busy enjoying the princesses ?

Red devil

Visit site
We trained it around Italy, Rome, Venice and Pisa. Would it suprise you how much better the trains are than here?
Being State run could have something to do with it. Though the Regionale trains are a little hit and miss. Hi speed Inter- City services are superb

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think carefully about going to Florida too early. The parks there are big, the days long and full of little kids crying through tiredness as the day goes on. Paris you can do from young but I'd look at aged 8 minimum for Florida. I think our youngest was 12 when we went and I'm pleased she was that old and able to cope. It made the holiday much better, less stress.

It's fabulous by the way, everything you would hope, but it can be tiring.

Just keep an eye on the post covid changes in Florida. Need a park booking as well as a ticket or no entry. Park hopping only after 2pm, 15 dollars a day to use the equivalent of the old fast pass which is almost essential as queues are often over an hour plus some rides are up to 15dollars extra each to skip queues. Been thinking of a trip back as wife and I went there when we first started dating but too much hassle now, everything needs planning to the last second these days

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just keep an eye on the post covid changes in Florida. Need a park booking as well as a ticket or no entry. Park hopping only after 2pm, 15 dollars a day to use the equivalent of the old fast pass which is almost essential as queues are often over an hour plus some rides are up to 15dollars extra each to skip queues. Been thinking of a trip back as wife and I went there when we first started dating but too much hassle now, everything needs planning to the last second these days
We have been twice, thoroughly enjoyed both, but I feel I've done it now. It will be a good few years before we think of going back. Good advice for those thinking of going though ?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
You can pay extra to skip queues? That is immoral, no?

Not when they’re an hour plus in stifling heat!! At times like that and with kids to keep entertained my morals go out of the window and my flexible friend comes out to play.

D

Deleted member 15344

How can you sleep at night??

Surely not being serious ?

Fast track queuing is something that’s been around for years

Even things like paying an extra £10 to get passport back quicker

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Seriously, only 1 of those 12 offences is liable to catch anyone out and that is a $100 fine for a 2nd offence.

And I pay £12.50 a month for travel insurance and RAC cover through my bank, hardly a large amount of money.
As ever...more 'ridiculous claims'!
He forgot the (quite reasonable) fine (not sure how much) for eating Durians in public, or evn carrying one on the RTS!
There's some ridiculous English laws still 'on the books' too https://www.theukrules.co.uk/rules/legal/history/strange-but-true-laws.html
So don't beat a rug/carpet in Met Police Area, nor a Doormat unless after 8am, get drunk in a Pub or linger after a funeral!