Anomaly in the time space continuum...........

sjw

Visit site
I was also under the impression that a driver could not create a smash factor > 1.5.

Albo

Visit site
I’ve hit a few drives on various cheap launch monitors that have had 1.51 smash, it’s just a calculation, club speed and ball speed, if it reads either or both of those slightly wrongly then will have the potential to be higher than 1.5, doesn’t mean the head is extra springy and non conforming, though it may be. Trackman for all its fanboys isn’t perfect it can and does, frequently, make mistakes.
Safe to say though, if you were regularly getting smash factor over 1.5 that the fit is very good for you, as I doubt the trackman reading are that far out

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
So what I am getting out of what people have written is that there is a good chance that the trackman for whatever reason was not picking up the clubhead correctly, so giving incorrect readings. This post was out of curiosity because I did not think that you could go over 1.5 efficiency with a legal clubhead.

I also thought that the distances were a bit high for my clubhead speed by a good 10+ yards if you go off typical expected distances.

When I go to collect it I am going to go hit some more balls with it and see what sort of readings I am getting

Albo

Visit site
So what I am getting out of what people have written is that there is a good chance that the trackman for whatever reason was not picking up the clubhead correctly, so giving incorrect readings. This post was out of curiosity because I did not think that you could go over 1.5 efficiency with a legal clubhead.

I also thought that the distances were a bit high for my clubhead speed by a good 10+ yards if you go off typical expected distances.

When I go to collect it I am going to go hit some more balls with it and see what sort of readings I am getting
Might be worth doing so at a different range with Trackman to see if it’s a collaboration issue with their trackman systems.
Also worth asking was this with range balls? Trackman has a setting which accounts for range balls and gives a plays like answer to show what you might get based on a normal /premium ball.
Also same for weather conditions, trackman has a normalisation thing to show what you might get without wind/temp/elevation
All of those things are calculations which may account for the extra distance

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Might be worth doing so at a different range with Trackman to see if it’s a collaboration issue with their trackman systems.
Also worth asking was this with range balls? Trackman has a setting which accounts for range balls and gives a plays like answer to show what you might get based on a normal /premium ball.
Also same for weather conditions, trackman has a normalisation thing to show what you might get without wind/temp/elevation
All of those things are calculations which may account for the extra distance

I was using ProV1 and I did take a look at the settings and it was set to what would be a normal day here in North Carolina. But I am going to check it again on Friday when I get my haircut at my barber shop. Yes I did say try it out in the barber shop. It is a golfers barber shop and he has a full Trackman system in the shop, so will be interesting to see what his says.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going off topic for a second. I am coming over for the US Open at Pinehurst next year, I will be staying at Cary, just outside Raleigh. Would be good to meet up for a knock :giggle:.....of course this would be an open invitation to any and all forumers ;):ROFLMAO:

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Going off topic for a second. I am coming over for the US Open at Pinehurst next year, I will be staying at Cary, just outside Raleigh. Would be good to meet up for a knock :giggle:.....of course this would be an open invitation to any and all forumers ;):ROFLMAO:

No problem at all, you let me know when you are available, and we can meet up somewhere. This area is littered with amazing courses, some real bargains to be had.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I was using ProV1 and I did take a look at the settings and it was set to what would be a normal day here in North Carolina. But I am going to check it again on Friday when I get my haircut at my barber shop. Yes I did say try it out in the barber shop. It is a golfers barber shop and he has a full Trackman system in the shop, so will be interesting to see what his says.

A golfers barber shop with a built in sim...

America is some place man! :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 31467

As several people have stated correctly, it is not possible to exceed a smash of 1.5, in fact I think it is more likely to be 1.49 max due to the allowance of loft on the clubface. Exceeding this number would suggest a slight misreading of the measuring device being used. Anything around 1.45 is a very good figure for a handicap golfer to aim for.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
A golfers barber shop with a built in sim...

America is some place man! :ROFLMAO:

ONLY IN AMERICA!!!!!!!

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
As several people have stated correctly, it is not possible to exceed a smash of 1.5, in fact I think it is more likely to be 1.49 max due to the allowance of loft on the clubface. Exceeding this number would suggest a slight misreading of the measuring device being used. Anything around 1.45 is a very good figure for a handicap golfer to aim for.

I agree 100%, anything over above 1.45 is a really good smash factor. So you obviously understand my confusion with what I was seeing

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I agree 100%, anything over above 1.45 is a really good smash factor. So you obviously understand my confusion with what I was seeing
Don't worry. As soon as you've paid for it and the magic dust has fallen off, the space time continuum will be back to normal. ;)