Holidays in the UK 2022

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Surely not being serious ?

Fast track queuing is something that’s been around for years

Even things like paying an extra £10 to get passport back quicker
The fast track service is for people who need a passport quickly.
Paying to skip queues directly results in others (the less well off?) having to wait longer.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'd really like to holiday in the UK this year but its just too expensive, I'll just need to suck it up until costs start falling again :rolleyes:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Paying to skip queues directly results in others (the less well off?) having to wait longer.

The less we’ll off ?. We’re talking about Disneyland not a food bank. The people waiting in the queue have more than likely paid thousands of pounds to get there. I wouldn’t feel too sorry for them.

D

Deleted member 15344

Oh you are serious ?

There are two types of queues - standard or fast track

You can pay for a better service by getting the fast track

Just as in life you can pay more for a better service

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Oh you are serious ?

There are two types of queues - standard or fast track

You can pay for a better service by getting the fast track

Just as in life you can pay more for a better service

life shouldn’t be that way but it is and we take advantage of it and trample on those who are poorer for advantages and benefits.

Dress it up how you like but in reality it’s bloody awful.

But who can resist that smug feeling you get off skipping queues, better seats and better service!

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
life shouldn’t be that way but it is and we take advantage of it and trample on those who are poorer for advantages and benefits.

Dress it up how you like but in reality it’s bloody awful.

But who can resist that smug feeling you get off skipping queues, better seats and better service!

but isnt that everything

some in life cant afford to drive they get the bus

some can afford just a run around

some can afford a lovely merc or something and drive in comfort

top level can afford to be driven about

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Over the last few years I have noticed this pay to be above others is very popular thing with Americans. Many Carribbean resorts have upgrades with 'butlers' who can reserve your pool lounger, get you your on resort reservations as well as fetch you drinks. I find the whole sudo servitude thing quite distasteful but the Americans Lap it up together with anything that gets access to exclusive pools or bars on resorts. As such, being able to pay to skip lines is exactly what some sections of society want.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Over the last few years I have noticed this pay to be above others is very popular thing with Americans. Many Carribbean resorts have upgrades with 'butlers' who can reserve your pool lounger, get you your on resort reservations as well as fetch you drinks. I find the whole sudo servitude thing quite distasteful but the Americans Lap it up together with anything that gets access to exclusive pools or bars on resorts. As such, being able to pay to skip lines is exactly what some sections of society want.
I can't comment on other matters, never been to the Caribbean, but fast passes at Florida parks are worth every penny and can make the difference between a fun day and a day of hard work. They are only a small % of the actual park ticket and the amount you can use them is slightly limited so you can not waltz on to every ride without queuing all day long. There is more being made about these passes then there really is.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Are you arguing against living abroad, or simply going on holiday?
Point I make is that foreign is not always better.
Have you for instance:
Played the 2500 golf courses in Britain?
Visited the 3000 stately homes?
Visited the 4000 castles?
Seen the 8000 medieval churches and cathedrals?
Seen all the ancient sites like Stonehenge and Avebury?
Visited all the national parks?
Walked all the long distance paths?
Climbed the thousansds of hills and mountains?
Explored all the river valleys?

The list goes on forever.
As Bill Bryson says in his More Notes From A Small Island, Britain is not only the biggest park in the world, it's infinite.

Our rubbish climate allows for one of the greenest countries in the world.
But no - abroad is best for most peiople here.
I can assure you it ain't.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not that its the thread topic... but with all the members who were struggling to get a tee time on a couple of threads recently using booking systems etc... Would you pay a bit extra to get closer to the front of the queue on booking your tee time? i.e access a few mins before the other members ?

Reactions: SyR

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you for instance:

As Bill Bryson says in his More Notes From A Small Island, Britain is not only the biggest park in the world, it's infinite.

the problem with all that is time and cost

say you get 2 weeks away with the kids in the summer.. you want a beach holiday.. abroad is most likely to have the weather guaranteed

then their is cost

traveling with 3 young ones like I will be having all the food and drink provided is a god send

you dont really get that in the uk

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Falmouth for me and my family this year! I love going down to Cornwall but not been since my late teens so I'm really looking forward to it.

We hire a house and go with my wifes side of the family (Sister, BIL, Niece, F&M IL) and split the costs between us.

Must admit - it really isnt that cheap, but I really cant think of anything worse than travelling abroad with a baby myself! We're saving for a trip to California in 2024 :love:

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have you for instance:

There's more to the World than just the UK. I've also visited a lot of countries like you, I've had positive experiences in almost all of them.
Either you've been really unlucky, or travelling just isn't for you.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't comment on other matters, never been to the Caribbean, but fast passes at Florida parks are worth every penny and can make the difference between a fun day and a day of hard work. They are only a small % of the actual park ticket and the amount you can use them is slightly limited so you can not waltz on to every ride without queuing all day long. There is more being made about these passes then there really is.

I guess the point could be that pre pandemic they were free and everyone could book 3 rides a day. Now it is 15 dollars per person per day plus other rides are extra on top of that. It moved from being a nice way of ensuring you got in 3 top rides to being another way of benefitting those who could pay more. The replacement for fast pass is now on pretty much every ride except those you pay even more for.