Affordable Golf Courses in Albufeira Feb/March

rystaman

Visit site
Evening!

I'm heading to Albufeira at the end of February/start of March for work for a couple of weeks and looking to play some courses while I'm there. I've noticed some package deals on GolfBreaks, like £319 pp for 3 days of unlimited golf at Álamos Golf, Salgados, or Morgado, but all of them include accommodation.

I've already got my accommodation sorted and plan to play on my own (missus will walk or ride with me) so looking for green fees only. The standard rates seem steep, around £110 per round, which feels a bit excessive compared to the package deals.

Can anyone recommend some good courses in Albufeira with more reasonable green fees?

Also can anyone recommend club hire at a club or a 3rd party to hire them with?

Cheers!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
We visit the Western Algarve every year, and whilst I’m not the one responsible for booking the golf, I do know we tend to get discounted rates because we try to book courses owned and operated by the same group.

You probably know that February is classed as high season, so the prices you’re quoting do sound about right for individual rounds at those courses.

Best advice would be to do some internet research to find which courses are grouped together (such as those at the Pestana resort), and then fire off some emails to see what deals you can get. I’d also consider twilight rates - by late February there should be enough daylight to get round if you start early afternoon.

bungle_1981

Visit site
We've booked a multi-round deal with Pestana golf resorts a few times. They have several courses.
Their website doesn't seem to offer the multi-round package deals, but we have booked deals and I recall posters at the resorts themselves with some excellent offers listed. So it's probably a matter of emailing them.

For club hire, we used Clubs to Hire. They have a unit at Faro arrivals hall so really convenient to collect and return clubs.

rystaman

Visit site
Perfect! I'll take a look at the Pestana golf resorts, it's around a 30-minute drive from where we're staying so not too bad if I get that car rented.
For club hire, we used Clubs to Hire. They have a unit at Faro arrivals hall so really convenient to collect and return clubs.

That's good to know, another place I'll take a look into. Probably working the first week so wouldn't need them until week 2

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Look for a local booking agent - they'll have access to better green fees. Google or Facebook groups will probably be the easiest way to find what you need.