Holidays in the UK 2022

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Two weeks booked into a lovely looking house in Rousdon in July, about half way between Lyme Regis and Seaton. Looking forward to a bit of fishing and a couple of rounds at Axcliffe as well as walks and country pubs.

I like the fact that it’s only a couple of hours away and always feel relaxed down there.

Next year might drive down to Southern France, depends how much hassle it is getting a Doggy Passport. Not looked into it yet.

4LEX

Visit site
St Ives and Cotswolds in June for long weekends and The Lakes in July for a week.

More holidays abroad this year thankfully :cool:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We were going to Centerparks this month with my daughter and grandson but can't go now as we are in the USA for a month.

On a separate note. After getting our Covid vax passes , Covid pre flight tests and all the kerfuffle of uploading everything to the British Airways App, no one at Heathrow or Chicago checked any of it.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Two weeks booked into a lovely looking house in Rousdon in July, about half way between Lyme Regis and Seaton. Looking forward to a bit of fishing and a couple of rounds at Axcliffe as well as walks and country pubs.

I like the fact that it’s only a couple of hours away and always feel relaxed down there.

Next year might drive down to Southern France, depends how much hassle it is getting a Doggy Passport. Not looked into it yet.

Spent a couple of days on the beach in Lyme Regis during the heatwave last year. Absolutely loved it. Was looking to go back this year but heading to Wales instead. Hope the weather's the same.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We’re actually nearer to Cavtat than Dubrovnik, LT, so will do the water taxi in reverse! I love Croatia - been a couple of times to Korcula, so have taken in Dubrovnik on previous trips. Can’t wait to go back.

Did you make it to Kotor, as that’s been highly recommended to me?
I suspect @rudebhoy can tell you more about Kotor than me. After his recommendation I checked it out online and I think I have been there as part of a day trip to Montenegro. It was sweltering hot, it was the last stop of a full day so I'm not the best judge. I remember it was nice though and probably worth it, just not at the end of a day at 40c ?.

We were more taken by the Bosnia trip though, Mostar plus some waterfalls.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Interestingly I noticed my passport expires in July and we're heading to Portugal in September.

Did an online renewal last week. This morning got an email saying it had been approved and gone for printing.

Not sure how long this phase takes, but so far so good. Media panic eh?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Interestingly I noticed my passport expires in July and we're heading to Portugal in September.

Did an online renewal last week. This morning got an email saying it had been approved and gone for printing.

Renewed my 16 year old daughter’s passport online. Started the application on 14 April and the new passport arrived 5 May.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We were going to Centerparks this month with my daughter and grandson but can't go now as we are in the USA for a month.

On a separate note. After getting our Covid vax passes , Covid pre flight tests and all the kerfuffle of uploading everything to the British Airways App, no one at Heathrow or Chicago checked any of it.
We had our Covid passes checked twice at Gatwick on Tuesday but noting on arrival in the Canaries.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Sounds like you holiday in the wrong places abroad!
I've visited about 50 countries, and as far as I'm concerned all of them are <bleep>.
What more could you want than the British Isles?
So you've stood on foreign beaches, marvelled at architectural wonders, ate exotic food.
But I bet you don't know your own woods and fields.
Britain has about 7000 miles of coastline, a thousand mountain tops over 2000 feet, green valleys, more preserved history than anywhere else.

But I guess the thought of some foreign tacky tourist trap does have more attraction for some folk.
This week I visited Lincoln for the first time for decades, and it has changed, but the steep walk up the cobbled Straight to the cathedral and castle is still there.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
August 2023 first holiday abroad with all us booked

Our 5 plus the in-laws so 7 total

2 min from beach and 7 pools (3 of them for kids)

Gonna be interesting lol

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

If you do it online it takes days, same with driving licences
Do it with paper and the post and that's what takes weeks..

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I've visited about 50 countries, and as far as I'm concerned all of them are <bleep>.
Slow 'learner' then! :rolleyes:
A pretty obvious instance of the sort of Brit abroad the locals would classify as a 'Whingeing Pom' where I come from! The locals were likely pleased to see the back of you! :rolleyes:
I'd bet you whinged about 'not being able to get a decent cup of tea' too - even though it simply tastes different in a different environment!

Last edited:

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

I hope the passport office does not add the extra 2 months onto your passport (making it in effect 10 years and two months) as per this poor woman Portugal will not let you in…..

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/passport-warning-family-miss-3000-23772998.amp

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good self help book here.
Sod Abroad: Why you'd be mad to leave the comfort of your own home : Moran, Michael: Amazon.co.uk: Books

No passport needed, no flight delays, no queues at immigration, no baggage hall delays, no language problems, no currency rip off, no taxi fare rip off, no hotel near a building site which starts up at 7am, no loud misic until 4am from nearby discos.
Holidaying in the UK and holidaying abroad are both great but if you start of whinging about abroad like the author of the book its no wonder you don't enjoy it.
Most of these whinges are absurd.
Passport is no more difficult than a driving licence you don't even need to pass a test or be a certain age or not have various medical conditions.
Flight delays occur occasionally just like train delays in the UK my daughter took all day to get from London to Manchester by train after a mini break.
Queues to get round the M25 or down to the South West or down the M6 past Brum rival anything to go abroad.
No Language problems :eek: Can you understand the Welsh?
No currency rip off? Currency exchange is ridiculously cheap nowadays of you look for it and most stuff is cheaper in lots of places abroad.
If you've been to Manchester recently you'll find plenty of building sites and lots of loud music.

This summer I'm holidaying in the UK in Yorkshire and St Andrew but I love abroad as well.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
What more could you want than the British Isles?
So you've stood on foreign beaches, marvelled at architectural wonders, ate exotic food.
But I bet you don't know your own woods and fields.
Britain has about 7000 miles of coastline, a thousand mountain tops over 2000 feet, green valleys, more preserved history than anywhere else.

But I guess the thought of some foreign tacky tourist trap does have more attraction for some folk.
This week I visited Lincoln for the first time for decades, and it has changed, but the steep walk up the cobbled Straight to the cathedral and castle is still there.
30c weather everyday, so I can spend hours in the pool with my Daughter.