Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
At last yesterday…after a rubbish front 9 (much the easier 9) - like Billy - out of the blue (well it wouldn’t be green 😉) I did a tidy 3 over back nine. It’s been many rounds…👍.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Accidentally discovering that my Mk II GoKart has a facility for freewheeling if the battery runs out. However, another thing that gladdens my golfing heart is my decision to buy the 36 hole lithium battery, which is actually good for at least 4 rounds, although I only ever do 3.

The latter of course renders the former a moot point.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Accidentally discovering that my Mk II GoKart has a facility for freewheeling if the battery runs out. However, another thing that gladdens my golfing heart is my decision to buy the 36 hole lithium battery, which is actually good for at least 4 rounds, although I only ever do 3.

The latter of course renders the former a moot point.
Is that only with the mark 2 Go Kart, how do you activate it. I think mine is the mark 1.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Is that only with the mark 2 Go Kart, how do you activate it. I think mine is the mark 1.
GoKart have taken a very good design, identified the issues that it had, and it looks as if they have eliminated those issues. I say looks like as I have only had my Mk II 7 months, but so far so good.

The main wheels on the Mk I have two slots in each one where two springy clips on each hub click in to secure them. However, the spring clips lose their elasticity and the edges of the slots become worn, resulting in wheels falling off. With my old trolley, over the course of thirteen years I replaced both the hubs and the wheels.

With the Mk II they have replaced the clips with stubs which protrude and locate in reciprocating holes in the wheel with a locking mechanism securing them. They are released via a button located between the spokes.

If you fit the wheel but don't push it fully home, it locks into place without the stubs being located in the holes and thus rotates freely on the axle.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Update- just received an email from Strathaven, seemingly play was suspended 90 mins after we finished because of flooding.
So it might have to be replayed as only 27 of the 50 games completed the round:cry::cry::cry::mad:
Update, the club decided to split it into 2 separate comps.
For games that teed off before 12 and completed their round the result will stand.
Those who teed off after 12 and were unable complete their round will be invited back to play the full round again in September.
Sadly the prizes will be halved equally.
Probably a fair decision.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The boy made his target of single figures this year with plenty of time to spare.
He’s figured Dewsbury out now and knows dropping 5 or 6 shots on the front nine is pointing to a solid round.
The kid is pushing to get into the Yorkshire boys team - but his form in the local union has been mixed - just needs to work on his matchplay mindset a little - but he’ll get there I’m sure.

Attachments

• IMG_4558.png
    IMG_4558.png
    867.4 KB · Views: 45

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We’ve done a lot of flood mitigation work on a couple of holes over the last two years to cope with severe rainwater runoff from neighbouring fields, with mixed results - some further remediation works may be necessary and the new areas of fairway have struggled to become established. But out yesterday afternoon early evening, both these areas, one especially, looked splendid. Indeed the whole course was looking magnificent. It was a joy. Was feeling blessed and very grateful.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
A bogey 5. The thing about it was I hit my second from 170 yards missed the green left by 5 yards and the ball disappeared into the cabbage. Dropped, hit my 4th to 6" for a tap in bogey.
Walked off thinking to myself that's the type of hole I'm usually marking 7 on the card.