Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

sunshine

Visit site
I look at it differently though. If I go up by 2 shots now, it's not so much that my current form is terrible, it's just that it's not quite as good as a purple patch I had 9-10 months ago. My form was much worse two or three months ago than it is now, but my index didn't change because I hadn't got to the green rounds on my record yet. 🤷‍♂️

ok, but for your handicap to go up 2 shots under the old system took ages, probably a year.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think we all need to adjust to the fact that our HI is now based on current form instead of potential, and will therefore jump around a lot more. It will take years for the mindset to sink in.
I get it already. As fast as it goes up it comes back down again. I don’t mind it, as like you say, if you play lots then your handicap is more reflective of how you are currently playing.

There’s a couple of old codgers at our place that still don’t understand why when they have a good score their handicap goes up. They haven’t sussed that this good score is not as good as the one that is dropping out from one of their best 8.🤣

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My team just won the Strathaven GC seniors 4 man Texas scramble open with a net 55 yippee. Its been a long time coming :D
We chipped in 3 times and holed some long putts 🩵 :ROFLMAO::love:
Update- just received an email from Strathaven, seemingly play was suspended 90 mins after we finished because of flooding.
So it might have to be replayed as only 27 of the 50 games completed the round:cry::cry::cry::mad:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
-2 after 5 for Lottie was good start; +3 at end not so good - what happened playing last 5 holes (inc two par 5s) in +4 I just have to wonder - especially as being long off the tee she normally gobbles up par 5s with ease…🙄🙁

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I get it already. As fast as it goes up it comes back down again. I don’t mind it, as like you say, if you play lots then your handicap is more reflective of how you are currently playing.

There’s a couple of old codgers at our place that still don’t understand why when they have a good score their handicap goes up. They haven’t sussed that this good score is not as good as the one that is dropping out from one of their best 8.🤣
My last four cards have been dreadful as has all my golf…for reasons I understand but nevertheless my scoring has been dreadful - usually 5-7 shots over my handicap…and that’s basically double. Yet because my 15th- 20th rounds in my record were non-counters my HI has not moved…and it’s difficult (it feels a lot worse than just difficult…but I’ll leave it at that).

I’m all for WHS but it most certainly isn’t delivering me with a handicap consistent with my current ability. That said…by the time H4H comes along my HI could well have climbed significantly from what it currently is.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My last four cards have been dreadful as has all my golf…for reasons I understand but nevertheless my scoring has been dreadful - usually 5-7 shots over my handicap…and that’s basically double. Yet because my 15th- 20th rounds in my record were non-counters my HI has not moved…and it’s difficult (it feels a lot worse than just difficult…but I’ll leave it at that).

I’m all for WHS but it most certainly isn’t delivering me with a handicap consistent with my current ability. That said…by the time H4H comes along my HI could well have climbed significantly from what it currently is.
Don't start that again... It was the same story that day I played with you and you got a silly number of points! 😄

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

How much would you expect your handicap to have changed under the old system? Are any of the last 4 cards from competitions?