Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Great 6 under today by Lottie Woad in the 2nd round of the Women’s Amateur Championship being played over Portmarnock.

Just what’s required following her 3 under 1st round that had seen her joint leader. Now she’s finished the strokeplay element of the championship five ahead of 2nd place. But that’s now by-the-by as it’s now 64 who made the cut into six rounds of matchplay.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Great 6 under today by Lottie Woad in the 2nd round of the Women’s Amateur Championship being played over Portmarnock.

Just what’s required following her 3 under 1st round that had seen her joint leader. Now she’s finished the strokeplay element of the championship five ahead of 2nd place. But that’s now by-the-by as it’s now 64 who made the cut into six rounds of matchplay.

What a funky format that is! Good luck to her!!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Hitting a 310 yard drive down a par 4 in a Texas Scramble with baby fade to the centre of the fairway. Personal best for me and unlikely to get repeated any time soon. Love North Foreland GC!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Arrived last at the course yesterday for our fuddle. Quick practice and last to the tee. we were playing 3 ball teams and there was 9 lads at the tee. They bust a gut to tell me that one of the lads who was most vocal about me being the first to play off yellows was actually playing off the yellows in the fuddle. They were gobsmacked and gave him some stick. Out of 18 lads over half went off the yellows. Am not sure why there was a change of heart, but on Tuesday they decided for everyone to play off yellows as a few of the lads were paired to play board comps. I think a few enjoyed it and decided to stick with the yellow pots.
So when we were sat at the 19th I was suttle in how I brought it up.😉
Suffice to say a few of the lads got quite vocal about it. One of the lads who is usually very quiet asked “Is there much of an advantage in playing off yellows”. A guy said “ of course there is”. “ well bloody play off them” he replied. It was quite funny listening to them disagree over what pots to play from. Ironically the guy who moaned about playing off yellows. His 3 ball cleaned up overall for a steady £54.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
My index is now down to 10.9.

Even if it goes up from here, I don't mind, I've smashed through my goal for this year and I couldn't be happier.

I will of course try and get to a single figure index, but I'm just going to keep playing my golf and let everything happen naturally.
You'll get there, mate. If I can, anyone can! 🤣

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golf is so simple sometimes. Just been down the range to see if I can stop fat-slicing my fairway woods. In the end I just gripped them half an inch lower and started piping every one. 😄 I'm sure it won't last, but out of all the potential solutions that was a nice simple one at least.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played on Wednesday evening and part of the way around my trolley, GoKart Mk1, 7 yrs old, started making noises that it really shouldn't make. I looked at it afterwards and the front wheel had a wobble on it. I messaged GoKart yesterday, asking for their advice on what this might be and received a phone call stating that the problem was the front bearings. I went onto their website, ordered a replacement kit, £16 delivered. It has arrived this morning. Cracking service. Now to fit it..........(look out in Random Irritations later 😄 )

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Played on Wednesday evening and part of the way around my trolley, GoKart Mk1, 7 yrs old, started making noises that it really shouldn't make. I looked at it afterwards and the front wheel had a wobble on it. I messaged GoKart yesterday, asking for their advice on what this might be and received a phone call stating that the problem was the front bearings. I went onto their website, ordered a replacement kit, £16 delivered. It has arrived this morning. Cracking service. Now to fit it..........(look out in Random Irritations later 😄 )
It's pretty easy - I just use a rubber mallet to knock the old set out, give it all a bit of a clean and put the new set in.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
…and so today…Lottie is Women’s WAGR #1 - first Briton to achieve World #1 amateur standing. Fantastically well done and merited Lottie, and well done to Luke her coach. My golf club is an extremely proud club today. From little acorns do oak trees grow…lots more growing to come.

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/augusta-winner-lottie-woad-moves-up-to-world-no1-amateur-spot

View attachment 53689
Lottie is off to France with her coach on Sunday to play in the Evian. Her coach is going to caddy for her for The Evian and The Open (in August). Great learning opportunity for them both.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At the bottom end of my handicap record I now have 6 green rounds in the bottom 7 places. Can't wait to get all those lovely shots back! 18 handicap here we come! 🤠
Similar thing just happened to me. Three minus differentials dropped off in succession and I went from 1.0 to 2.8 in a matter of a week. I dare say that a purple patch will see me shoot back down again. Pretty volatile this WHS system.

sunshine

Visit site
Similar thing just happened to me. Three minus differentials dropped off in succession and I went from 1.0 to 2.8 in a matter of a week. I dare say that a purple patch will see me shoot back down again. Pretty volatile this WHS system.

I think we all need to adjust to the fact that our HI is now based on current form instead of potential, and will therefore jump around a lot more. It will take years for the mindset to sink in.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think we all need to adjust to the fact that our HI is now based on current form instead of potential, and will therefore jump around a lot more. It will take years for the mindset to sink in.
I look at it differently though. If I go up by 2 shots now, it's not so much that my current form is terrible, it's just that it's not quite as good as a purple patch I had 9-10 months ago. My form was much worse two or three months ago than it is now, but my index didn't change because I hadn't got to the green rounds on my record yet. 🤷‍♂️