Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a few of them in my working day. One I regret missing out on was playing Wisley. One of my companies high heid yins was to play and I was to be his partner, but he pulled out at last minute and that was that. 25yrs later I still haven’t played Wisley.🙁
The only invite I ever had for a work related freebie was to play Turnberry about 40 years ago . Unfortunately I had a job interview that day for a new job and couldn't play. Have never played it since.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes, there was a helping wind.
Yes, it was an elevated tee box.
Yes, it was a (slighty) downhill landing area.
Yes, my watch strap looks too tight.
But this is comfortably my longest ever drive (only my third over 300 yds) and about 100 yds longer than my normal drives! This is why we keep coming back.

Screenshot 2024-06-09 172757.jpg

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yesterday seeing the world’s #2 female amateur golfer back on the putting green of my simply very decent Surrey club doing what she does…practicing her putting with a single ball…you only get one go at any putt. As she, and we all know, can make all the difference. And nice having a short chat with her.

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
But this is comfortably my longest ever drive (only my third over 300 yds) and about 100 yds longer than my normal drives! This is why we keep coming back.

View attachment 53651
Sorry you've misread the watch. At 3.22 in the afternoon you knobbed the ball just over 2 yards !!

Well done though 😁

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
one of my mates has really bad eyesight and struggles to follow his ball, so you have to watch where his drive goes around Tain. one of our usual group was ill on Sunday and another guy joined us in the comp. he kept saying to Rob, its heading towards that yellow bush:ROFLMAO::LOL:.

if you have ever been to Tain in Spring /early summer or any gorse/ Broom lined course you would understand that didn't narrow it down:LOL:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yesterday seeing the world’s #2 female amateur golfer back on the putting green of my simply very decent Surrey club doing what she does…practicing her putting with a single ball…you only get one go at any putt. As she, and we all know, can make all the difference. And nice having a short chat with her.
…and so today…Lottie is Women’s WAGR #1 - first Briton to achieve World #1 amateur standing. Fantastically well done and merited Lottie, and well done to Luke her coach. My golf club is an extremely proud club today. From little acorns do oak trees grow…lots more growing to come.

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/augusta-winner-lottie-woad-moves-up-to-world-no1-amateur-spot

IMG_1495.jpeg

Last edited:

Springveldt

Visit site

View attachment 53651
Cracking drive and I was going to comment on the colour of that glove until I noticed you use a 12H clock, you absolute monster.