Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
How much would you expect your handicap to have changed under the old system? Are any of the last 4 cards from competitions?
All were in comps. And yes I know I’d only have gone up 0.4…but that was the old system. And yes I know I could put in a handful of GP cards and I’d soon see my HI go up. Anyway…just saying that having a batch of non-counters sitting at the back end of my handicap record is a block to my HI moving…even just a little - but it soon will 😄

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sandbagging lol. To be honest I could do with mine going up before H4H although my game seems to be starting to wane having been on a good run so hopefully the cards going in will get it sorted in time
Mentioned it before but mine will certainly be going up unless I put in several good rounds to replace the green ones falling off. I have been playing alright though, if I can keep my drives in play the rest of game's been pretty decent. 👍🏻

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mentioned it before but mine will certainly be going up unless I put in several good rounds to replace the green ones falling off. I have been playing alright though, if I can keep my drives in play the rest of game's been pretty decent. 👍🏻
Saw the video on the other thread and posted my thoughts regarding a Eureka swing and why the last one was the best

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Attended Club AGM and Financial Forum yesterday evening (in our lovely car park marquee temp clubhouse 😊as the complete clubhouse ground floor is being pulled apart to be reconfigured and upgraded)

Club in a good state financially with, for a few years now, it operating with a healthy annual surplus…but as our FD pointed out, as a members club we do not make a PROFIT (members ask him why we need to increase subs if we are making a profit 🙄). We make a SURPLUS and most of this is immediately reinvested in the course and clubhouse (BAU and smaller projects), with the remainder being ring-fenced for specific major projects.

If we don’t continue to invest and develop our offering we will be overtaken by other clubs in the area that do. As a club we cannot stand still and rest on our laurels. We have a strong waiting list, which we have found an effective way of managing, but that could vanish like snow off a dyke if our offering drops relative to the many very good clubs and courses in our area.

All in all both AGM and Financial Forum presented a healthy picture. Reasons to be cheerful…👍😘

…aand…it was the club’s 100th AGM 👍

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Our academy ladies had a putting lesson and two that I've been talking to since they joined are finishing the programme this week. They were making some good putts even before the lesson and are so excited to be able to play as full members. They are the sort of new members we need to reduce our female demographic age, although we are doing much better and have lots of younger ladies, and to act as examples of how good the academy programme is

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our academy ladies had a putting lesson and two that I've been talking to since they joined are finishing the programme this week. They were making some good putts even before the lesson and are so excited to be able to play as full members. They are the sort of new members we need to reduce our female demographic age, although we are doing much better and have lots of younger ladies, and to act as examples of how good the academy programme is
Our ladies academy is full - they are all very keen and the average age looks to be well under 60 (of course I haven’t asked 😍).

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Putter refurbish project has gone well, it’s a damn sight better than it was. The hot soapy water on the ionic white grip made it bright white again.
The head was all dinged and donged and that was removed .. the ghost corsa was really susceptible to bag damage and the paint was fragile. It lacked any chipping resistance and just fell off.
So I have updated to silvery gold colour after several primer coats and rub backs. Completed the paint fill , but not my intended colours .. looks okay though.
Final job, just rub the shaft down with tin foil … and please don’t quote me out of context!
Ordered a new head cover hopefully will fit okay and then it will return to the garage and perhaps circulation..
Would upload pictures but if it’s not “click and done” I don’t participate