Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
After my round on Friday.....driving home I realised that I hadn't had a hole worse than bogie in 2 rounds. Maybe my shorter swing is starting to pay off.
A well hit ball has no knowledge whatsoever, nor does it care, about how long your backswing is…or indeed how elegant or otherwise your follow-through is…when it has been well hit.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
One full bucket on range this afternoon…half bucket 7i first, then remainder 5i.

Really focussing on pre-address visualisation and target; then address, quick check on ball position then look up to target and fully commit to shot.

First few 7is really dodgy then got into the swing of things and finally ventured to fuller swing…success. And so to my problem iron…same procedure as for 7i but looking to forget the club I was holding…and bingo…best session ever had with a 5i. Even managed half doz much fuller swing that produced a much higher flight and more distance…about 170 yds as well as good accuracy. More of same tomorrow and the next day. Maybe also on course Friday.

Repeat to self…’I can hit irons…I can hit irons…’

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Only a month into being a student at Florida State Uni and 'our Lottie' seems to have settled in rather well :D

https://seminoles.com/w-golf-woad-wins-invitidual-title-fsu-second-at-ivy-intercollegiate/

And yesterday she also won her match against the top Ivy League uni player playing in the comp. Speaking with her dad last night, him and his Mrs are really pleased, relieved and proud of their lass - and she has already set a FSU Freshman record or two in her first three competitions.

Visit site
I have been asked to play in the scratch team for the first time in my life, to represent the club against Surrey A.

It gladdens the heart as I am probably only about the 40th lowest handicapper at the club, haven’t ever made a bid for the team and in a way, I see those players in a completely different ability bracket to myself… but presumably positive feedback to the captain from some of the scratch team players I’ve played with recently has provided me with the opportunity.

Absolutely bricking it already, but pulling on the team polo will be a proud moment.

(Next up: in the golf irritations thread… “I lost 10&8 to a +3 golfer from wentworth”) ?

sjw

Visit site
Two birdies in a round for the first time!

Especially pleasing when one was on the 18th and included a 170-yard 7 iron, when I had barely slept the night before and felt sick. The score otherwise will have been 100+ but they brightened my mood a little!

Visit site
I have been asked to play in the scratch team for the first time in my life, to represent the club against Surrey A.

It gladdens the heart as I am probably only about the 40th lowest handicapper at the club, haven’t ever made a bid for the team and in a way, I see those players in a completely different ability bracket to myself… but presumably positive feedback to the captain from some of the scratch team players I’ve played with recently has provided me with the opportunity.

Absolutely bricking it already, but pulling on the team polo will be a proud moment.

(Next up: in the golf irritations thread… “I lost 10&8 to a +3 golfer from wentworth”) ?

Cancelled due to the rain first time this winter ?

D

Deleted member 29109

Two rounds in a row without a double bogey.

And Tiger announcing he’s playing the Hero