Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

evemccc

Visit site

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s probably my favourite course and I’ve played RD four times - will obvs now have to play it again once the changes have bedded-in ?

Having said that, I still think Turnberry and Muirfield are better and be far the two best links courses that I’ve played

Dornoch is class, but like you say we are blessed with world class courses in Scotland, Turnberry and Muirfield are certainly up there.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Going for a glass half full post - been a tough 2 weeks with my better half suffering from severe vertigo. Managed a short walk by the reservoir in the sun this morning without a big reaction, giving confidence to send me off for 10 holes this afternoon. The golf was as expected mixed, but the walk in the sun, the autumn colours, and sighting the large stag ambling across the 8th fairway in front of me was pretty damn good.
After not seeing him for over 9 months have now seen him each of last three visits.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
One of our opponents in the 4BBB today somehow managed to giz the ball back around 30 feet, into the hole for a birdie. It span from the back of the green to the front-middle, at a fair old pace. Was one of the weirdest/best (and luckiest) shots I’ve ever seen. We all celebrated like kids when it dropped. Was brilliant.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
...with my better half suffering from severe vertigo. ...

If it's caused by the usual calcium deposits in the ear canals, then the Epley Manoeuvre might help. It's not a pleasant feeling but, for me at least, it works when needed. Might have to repeat it more than once.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
How many people had to wait on their tee shot today...?....waiting for a Red Kite to stop enjoying itself by floating on the wind 30 feet in front of you..?
You could almost see the smile on it's face....

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I play with a guy who has the reputation for being one of the slowest golfers in the club.

The message is finally sinking in with him and we actually had a three and half hour round yesterday.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
One of our opponents in the 4BBB today somehow managed to giz the ball back around 30 feet, into the hole for a birdie. It span from the back of the green to the front-middle, at a fair old pace. Was one of the weirdest/best (and luckiest) shots I’ve ever seen. We all celebrated like kids when it dropped. Was brilliant.
I learned a new golfing word today…giz…but it just sounds so wrong…?