GM King Of Kings Competition 2014- YOUR VIEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't forget when arranging a final location we could have players from Cornwall as well.
It has to be central to the Southwest and Scotland.
I have already put myself down to organise the Southwest.
If we play before the end of Febuary it will be £15 a man.
I have also chosen a location an hour from Bristol and an hour from Plymouth
so pretty central.
I know I cant please everyone but I will do my best[if selected].

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just waiting for LiverpoolPhil to come on and say hes hosting my region at Woburn :whistle:

Yeah, I think I'm from near there too ... OR maybe RickG might be put in charge of a day at the Centurion ;)

Just as a refresher for those that missed it earlier, here is a google maps view of who is where (well quite a few people anyway)

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zQpfD1VBE7gg.k0z-bLM7G6V8

Just very roughly, I think that splits into about 9 areas pretty comfortable like this?

Map - ish.jpg

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Look at that Jimbob! i am slap in the middle of my little region, i will be first to suggest we get Mike247 to host at Donnington Grove! (my place is too tough for him...!)

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Don't forget when arranging a final location we could have players from Cornwall as well.
so pretty central.

This would suit me poker joke what course? is it pickeridge

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
so pretty central.

There's a very large amount of interest from the South West if I recall. Fancy running that one Richard?

I'll handle the Scotland one.

Pokerjoke is on the case in the South West.

Happy to sort out a Surrey/ Hants/ Berkshire area if there is demand. If we play before April, then cost would be about £30 at Blackmoor. Don't want to tread on any toes, as I have not taken a lot of notice of these threads. Always happy to play in a Meet though.

Laka

Head Pro
Visit site
will be in south west in easter with my beloved wife for more then 2 weeks links golf,,,,,hopefully will be some play with an forummember as well,,,looking forward to that golfvacation,,,but wish you all the best of luck in this magnificent forumevent:clap:

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
SCOTLAND- virtuocity
LONDON- Jimbob
EAST MIDLANDS- Lincoln Quaker
NORTH EAST- Birchy
SOUTH WEST- Pokerjoke

Now we're cooking on gas!

Any more for any more? Scotland's region is going to be the best as I'm going to put up some spot prizes and have some challenges on the course along the way.

Once we get a few more regional organisers, we'll launch a thread each in Arrange A Game.

Let's have all regional matches played by the end of March please!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
SCOTLAND- virtuocity
LONDON- Jimbob
NORTH EAST- Birchy
SOUTH WEST- Pokerjoke

Any more for any more? Scotland's region is going to be the best as I'm going to put up some spot prizes and have some challenges on the course along the way.

Once we get a few more regional organisers, we'll launch a thread each in Arrange A Game.

why do they need to be played by the end of march?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
so pretty central.

SCOTLAND- virtuocity
LONDON- Jimbob
NORTH EAST- Birchy
SOUTH WEST- Pokerjoke

I assume I am not needed, so will wait to hear where the London, and South East regions are playing.:thup:

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Re: cut-off date..... there are tonnes of good deals going about before March on decent courses so it makes sense to have everything done and dusted by then, no?

It would be good for the the momentum of the competition to have all of the regional events running around the same time.

Just a thought!

Also- when do we want to have the final? I don't want it to be at all close to H4H or any other long-running forum event.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is is going to take a lot of organising.
Someone has to state when the events have to be played by,i cant understand
why people have to question every decision.
This event will not suit everyone,it will not be played when everyone is available.
In my case to get the best deal it would be best to play it by the end of Feb.
Some might be on holiday,some might not play because they want matchplay.
But please try and respect the people who are trying to get this off the ground.

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Re: cut-off date..... there are tonnes of good deals going about before March on decent courses so it makes sense to have everything done and dusted by then, no?

It would be good for the the momentum of the competition to have all of the regional events running around the same time.

Just a thought!

Also- when do we want to have the final? I don't want it to be at all close to H4H or any other long-running forum event.

Agreed entirely.

This way we keep well clear of the HFH day and potentially others' big competitions at their own clubs towards the end of summer.

Final in June / July would give plenty of time to organise a good day out for all without impacting on the above. Also allows the regional events to run over slightly in case of bad weather / emergency on the arranged date.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Two people have just agreed with me. Close the thread!!!

ETA- I also want to make sure that everyone knows that:

-There will be a £10 entry fee PRIOR to confirming your attendance at the regional qualifier.

-As long as it's agreeable, this will be split between the finalists to help with the final green fees.

-Everyone will be welcome to attend and play at the final.

-I will be happy to arrange and pay for the trophy and if necessary a "losers trophy", which will be for those who have not qualified wanting to play a decent course on the final day.

-Regional qualifiers to be played by the end of March with the final being played around June.

-You can play in more than one regional qualifier if you wish

-If a regional winner cannot or does not wish to attend the finals day, the expenses from the prize fund will be offered to the 2nd placed player in that region, subject to them being able to attend the final day.

Last edited:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Just a thought!

May imo is a good time.
June onwards is club comps,opens,holidays etc

Status
Not open for further replies.