The Inspiration

Morfeen75

Visit site
How much does grass grow in 12 days? Well the deep rough has not been touched since the opening weekend and finding a ball in it has become much harder. I traipsed through enough of it over the last two days to notice!

Another thing I noticed is the continuous work being done on the course where the turf has not bedded correctly for one reason or another. The bad thing is there are lots of small areas all over, but the good thing is that they're all correctly marked GUR. I'm not knowledgeable about course maintenance but the fact that this is happening in addition to the usual mowing and rolling etc. I believe bodes well for the future of the whole setup. The owners are apparently using the same principles they used at The Shire, and that is a course high-praised for its presentation.

I'm sure we're going to have a great summer so ... I'm going golf crazy! Played M,W,F last week and T,W so far this week with another round set for early tomorrow. 😃
Word of advice, stay out the rough :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How much does grass grow in 12 days? Well the deep rough has not been touched since the opening weekend and finding a ball in it has become much harder. I traipsed through enough of it over the last two days to notice!

Another thing I noticed is the continuous work being done on the course where the turf has not bedded correctly for one reason or another. The bad thing is there are lots of small areas all over, but the good thing is that they're all correctly marked GUR. I'm not knowledgeable about course maintenance but the fact that this is happening in addition to the usual mowing and rolling etc. I believe bodes well for the future of the whole setup. The owners are apparently using the same principles they used at The Shire, and that is a course high-praised for its presentation.

I'm sure we're going to have a great summer so ... I'm going golf crazy! Played M,W,F last week and T,W so far this week with another round set for early tomorrow. 😃
Yeah, I went a little too far right on the 15th and found my ball just one yard into that thick stuff. Hacked it out with a wedge and it went about five yards. Ended up making my only triple of the day. As I said earlier, the tee shots are quite forgiving, but if you push your luck too much there is some horrible long stuff about.