The Inspiration

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
New golf club opening in Northolt (sort of outer North West London). Not seen it discussed on here yet.

It's opening this June. From the same team that opened The Shire (which I haven't played). Seems to be common for new courses to tout themselves as 'in-land links' or similar these days. Only about 25 minutes from me so I'm sure I'll be giving it a go this year - although it's not the nicest area to drive through to be honest.

Not sure about the name of it either. 'The Inspiration' sounds a bit pretentious to me. I suppose it beats Northolt Golf Club. 😄 Haven't got a clue what ballpark the green fees will be in.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Isn't it called The Inspiration, as all the holes take inspiration from, or copied, of some of the great holes around the country?

Someone from our society got sent a video from an open day they had a couple of days ago....greens looked puuuuuure

AddisonRoad

Visit site
New golf club opening in Northolt (sort of outer North West London). Not seen it discussed on here yet.

It's opening this June. From the same team that opened The Shire (which I haven't played). Seems to be common for new courses to tout themselves as 'in-land links' or similar these days. Only about 25 minutes from me so I'm sure I'll be giving it a go this year - although it's not the nicest area to drive through to be honest.

Not sure about the name of it either. 'The Inspiration' sounds a bit pretentious to me. I suppose it beats Northolt Golf Club. 😄 Haven't got a clue what ballpark the green fees will be in.

Yeah not a fan of the name, but seen some photos, and it looks cool

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
"Inland links" also known as alongside the A40 lol. Bit different to real links locations..........
We have an inland links nearby. It's built on "reclaimed" land. Probably not suitable for significant vegetation.
On the upside, landfill drains much better than London clay so it's been the best course to play by a mile over the last few months

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have an inland links nearby. It's built on "reclaimed" land. Probably not suitable for significant vegetation.
On the upside, landfill drains much better than London clay so it's been the best course to play by a mile over the last few months

Which ones that? My course is the same. Reclaimed land that drains well. Been fantastic over winter and "inland links"

Give me it over all the parklands in the area

Played yesterday 8am, nobody in front of us with a group 30 mins behind . We smashed round in 3 hours. Beautiful day aswell no a breath of wind

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Which ones that? My course is the same. Reclaimed land that drains well. Been fantastic over winter and "inland links"

Give me it over all the parklands in the area

Played yesterday 8am, nobody in front of us with a group 30 mins behind . We smashed round in 3 hours. Beautiful day aswell no a breath of wind
Mill Green (wgc).
There are 3 holes on 'proper' ground that are lovely in the sunny, but grim atm. The rest are fine.
I don't think I've ever played it between March and October!

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Membership is quite pricey, £1700 ish (so I’ve been told) similar to the fees at The Shire. Looks lovely apparently and currently doing course walks where you can have a look and then become a founding member.

I’d be interested in joining but for the amount of golf I play it just wouldn’t be worth it.

I did request a call back about two weeks ago and still waiting for them to get back to me………

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mill Green (wgc).
There are 3 holes on 'proper' ground that are lovely in the sunny, but grim atm. The rest are fine.
I don't think I've ever played it between March and October!

I never realised it was inland links, nice course everytime I've played it

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Membership is quite pricey, £1700 ish (so I’ve been told) similar to the fees at The Shire. Looks lovely apparently and currently doing course walks where you can have a look and then become a founding member.

I’d be interested in joining but for the amount of golf I play it just wouldn’t be worth it.

I did request a call back about two weeks ago and still waiting for them to get back to me………
£1700 is very definitely not expensive for anything near London