GM King Of Kings Competition 2014- YOUR VIEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
What's the plan with the separate regional threads fellas? Did someone mention something about a dedicated sub forum,or just put them in arrange a game.

Last edited:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Two people have just agreed with me. Close the thread!!!

ETA- I also want to make sure that everyone knows that:

-There will be a £10 entry fee PRIOR to confirming your attendance at the regional qualifier.

-As long as it's agreeable, this will be split between the finalists to help with the final green fees.

-Everyone will be welcome to attend and play at the final.

-I will be happy to arrange and pay for the trophy and if necessary a "losers trophy", which will be for those who have not qualified wanting to play a decent course on the final day.

-Regional qualifiers to be played by the end of March with the final being played around June.

-You can play in more than one regional qualifier if you wish

-If a regional winner cannot or does not wish to attend the finals day, the expenses from the prize fund will be offered to the 2nd placed player in that region, subject to them being able to attend the final day.

To be honest imo June is too late.
To many club comps,opens,holidays etc are june onwards.
I would not want anyone qualifying to miss the finals.
We need a finals date first,before the regionals so everyone can check diaries before entering.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be honest imo June is too late.
To many club comps,opens,holidays etc are june onwards.
I would not want anyone qualifying to miss the finals.
We need a finals date first,before the regionals so everyone can check diaries before entering.

I agree with the above.

I would then propose Saturday 24th May 2014 unless anyone can come up with some good reasons as to why this should not be the finals date.

If you can't make this date, then you can still attend the regional event but your score obviously won't count in terms of the competition.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
What's the plan with the separate regional threads fellas? Did someone mention something about a dedicated sub forum,or just put them in arrange a game.

I reckon that there's just a couple of minor things to sort out and then we'll get regional threads up and running in Arrange A Game.

Could still do with some help in certain regions if anyone wants to put their name forward!!!

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
The last point to discuss is WHERE the final will be. I'm hoping that we can act like adults and show how good a community is by aiding fellow attendees (whether you're a regional winner or not) to the final with car-shares, petrol money sharing etc and also not moan if you have to drive 3 hours or so.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree with the above.

I would then propose Saturday 24th May 2014 unless anyone can come up with some good reasons as to why this should not be the finals date.

If you can't make this date, then you can still attend the regional event but your score obviously won't count in terms of the competition.

This is what we need.
Im also going to promote 2 dates in Feb just incase the first date is abandoned or cancelled for any reason.
Are we going for weekends or weekdays?
I feel a weekend is better,thoughts

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Weekend- Saturday preferred. Let's get as many people involved as we can. That means, no £120 rounds. Cheap but good. Lots of photos too please.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that map showing the SW region stretching from Kent to Wales? Thats too far in my opinion. I think it should be slit in two around the Isle Of White. Kent would of been better in with London, but Im probably too late for the discussion.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is that map showing the SW region stretching from Kent to Wales? Thats too far in my opinion. I think it should be slit in two around the Isle Of White. Kent would of been better in with London, but Im probably too late for the discussion.

Yes I saw that way to big.
My event is near taunton so its up to whoever enters how far they want to travel.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
So what other regions are needed other than what we have? If no one is willing to run the regional event, then don't complain that you can't take part!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Re dates a couple of questions if thats allowed (am actually trying to help and imrpove whats happening albeit thats not how all are seeing it)?

Why do you need to have all the regionals finished by the end of march if the final isnt going to be for a few more months? And why are you ensuring the regionals have to be played before the better weather comes in spring? Arranging one for Feb is almost guaranteeing frozen or flooded conditions based on the last few winters.

Surely be better playing the regionals in spring and then the final a little later?

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Re dates a couple of questions if thats allowed (am actually trying to help and imrpove whats happening albeit thats not how all are seeing it)?

Why do you need to have all the regionals finished by the end of march if the final isnt going to be for a few more months? And why are you ensuring the regionals have to be played before the better weather comes in spring? Arranging one for Feb is almost guaranteeing frozen or flooded conditions based on the last few winters.

Surely be better playing the regionals in spring and then the final a little later?

I have to say that I agree.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes I saw that way to big.
My event is near taunton so its up to whoever enters how far they want to travel.

Ashford to Taunton = 3.5 hours in good traffic.

I'd take care of a SE section, South of the River Thames from Kent as far right as Southampton?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

I agree its very early.
However it is only for the regional
I agree it could be frozen,waterlogged,snowed in etc,but how do we really know.
Also the course im suggesting has a very good deal on up to the end of Feb,however
much more expensive later in the year.
I am flexible though so its up to the majority.
We really need to start the foundations soon though

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'm sure that there is a lot on in spring in the summer and there are good deals to be had on good courses early in the year.

Playing it early is a good way of getting some competitive golf in before the season starts, whilst having a good old laugh with forumers. It also keeps it miles away from H4H and perhaps going forward, something to look forward to at the start of the year?

I would say that I could book a date in April then July and still have it rained off both times! Course selection will be important to avoid cancellation.

See both sides of the argument though.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm sure that there is a lot on in spring in the summer and there are good deals to be had on good courses early in the year.

Playing it early is a good way of getting some competitive golf in before the season starts, whilst having a good old laugh with forumers. It also keeps it miles away from H4H and perhaps going forward, something to look forward to at the start of the year?

I would say that I could book a date in April then July and still have it rained off both times! Course selection will be important to avoid cancellation.

See both sides of the argument though.

The chances of poor conditions between Feb/Mar and Apr onwards are significantly different though! Last yr I was supposed to have 3 forum meets in Feb/Mar. Tadmarton Heath was frozen solid, FofA we had to wait over an hour for the frost to lift and then the course was borderline waterlogged and Woburn was postponed due to snow!

As I say Im only trying to help but personally wont be rushing to commit to play again at a meet that early in the year and I know a few who were at those meets said the same

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Happy to play in the summer / spring sun of course, but I won't be able to organise regional events or participate in the final day personally. Fundy (or anyone else), if it looks like most people want to play the regional around spring, then the final in summer then we'll need to go with that, but someone else will need to take over the running of things. Stand and be counted!

Status
Not open for further replies.