Favourite golf vlogger?

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think he has one of those personalities when he's on the course like Clarkson and many others where they seem to need to undermine other people in what they think is a funny way. You know, the types that justify it by saying 'it's only banter'.

It's not that nasty and would not go as far to call it bullying, but I imagine after a while if you are on the receiving end of it it can get a bit wearing to say the least.

But as those that have had a lesson with him say he's a great coach and I still think he is the best teacher out of all the golf vloggers, and the one I'd most like a lesson with. But he seems to have a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde thing going on with lessons and vlogs.

Yeah youre bang on there.

If i was to get a lesson from any youtuber, it would be the brown haired one from MAMG. They dont have much charisma on screen, but he seems to know his stuff!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to like watching a few of these but most seem to have turned into monsters! I watched a lot of MC's but find all the course ones just him and partners larking about, I beg that every Saturday!

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have watched MC for a couple of years now, but he has become a pastiche of himself. His YGT trips are pretty much a bevvy sessions ( what golf trip isnt?) as their golf is pretty poor the morning after
I did however really enjoy his Masters vlogs as you could see and hear the real golf fan in him come out.
Lockey is ok, Buzza is way too boring
I cant watch Me & My Golf as they irritate my eyes

I have a soft spot for Sheils & Finch, as we met them at The Open and they made my 6yr old daughter feel like a tour pro with their knuckle bumps, high fives and selfies with her.
I enjoy Rick's enthusiasm for what he does
I really like Pete's simplistic approach to teaching - easy to follow

Rob Potter is the real star of YouTube though...and the proof is in teh latest callaway advert haha !

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have watched MC for a couple of years now, but he has become a pastiche of himself. His YGT trips are pretty much a bevvy sessions ( what golf trip isnt?) as their golf is pretty poor the morning after
I did however really enjoy his Masters vlogs as you could see and hear the real golf fan in him come out.
Lockey is ok, Buzza is way too boring
I cant watch Me & My Golf as they irritate my eyes

I have a soft spot for Sheils & Finch, as we met them at The Open and they made my 6yr old daughter feel like a tour pro with their knuckle bumps, high fives and selfies with her.
I enjoy Rick's enthusiasm for what he does
I really like Pete's simplistic approach to teaching - easy to follow

Rob Potter is the real star of YouTube though...and the proof is in teh latest callaway advert haha !

I find Buzza really interesting, and would also say he is probably the most knowledgeable of the YouTube pros, and is also great at interacting with those who watch his videos.

I'm a big Rob Potter fan as well, tells it like it is and I find myself agreeing with him a lot!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Just stumbled on these guys, their golf isn't of the highest standard but their vlogs cut out a lot of the crap that seems to blight most of the established guys these days and they focus mainly on the shot and the state of the match.

Despite trying not to, I found it very funny, then found out that the guys are actually comedians who've taken to golf.

Stay with it, it improves as it goes along and although the filming is in places of questionable quality (not sure if this is deliberate or not) the editing is excellent.

Last edited:

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Holy thread revival batman.

Really surprised how much love there is for Peter Finch, has to be the dullest of all the golf vlogers, absolute snoresville of a man.
They are all pretty dull and the mainstream manufacturers seem to have tamed them, money talks. A lot of the vids now are just infomercials

D

Deleted member 1740

4 pages and nobody has mentioned our very own HomerJ, I thought Captainron would’ve by now. #homersbitch

The Gentleman

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just stumbled on these guys, their golf isn't of the highest standard but their vlogs cut out a lot of the crap that seems to blight most of the established guys these days and they focus mainly on the shot and the state of the match.

Despite trying not to, I found it very funny, then found out that the guys are actually comedians who've taken to golf.

Stay with it, it improves as it goes along and although the filming is in places of questionable quality (not sure if this is deliberate or not) the editing is excellent.

I like these guys. Will add to my favourites

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Crossfield and Pete finch

Shiels just can’t warm too anymore his videos are cringe

Me and my golf have become dull instead of fun now days

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Haha. I wonder how Alex chooses between his 7 woods??
My son, who is familiar with taskmasters, suggested that this might be a task that Alex has to perform. Thanks for the heads-up

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've begun to watch Vloggers less and less these days;

* Reviews seem to be the same
* Course Vlogs can either be too stupid or too wooden, with very few actually being fun to watch anymore
* I hate any vlog about distance comparison - Rick Shiels is guilty of this one, as he recently posted a video about hitting Callaway vs TM vs Titlesist - these hold no value to me whatsoever
* MC can be very informative at times but I wish he'd dial it down
* I do like Chris Ryan videos, though he can come across as boring - I know this is false as I've had a lesson with him and he's a interesting chap.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've begun to watch Vloggers less and less these days;

* Reviews seem to be the same
* Course Vlogs can either be too stupid or too wooden, with very few actually being fun to watch anymore
* I hate any vlog about distance comparison - Rick Shiels is guilty of this one, as he recently posted a video about hitting Callaway vs TM vs Titlesist - these hold no value to me whatsoever
* MC can be very informative at times but I wish he'd dial it down
* I do like Chris Ryan videos, though he can come across as boring - I know this is false as I've had a lesson with him and he's a interesting chap.
I miss crossfields 10 min daily vloggs.. they were easy to keep up with and useful or just background noise

Now it’s like constant playing videos.. or testing all 15-20 mins tbh I Switch off mentally after 10 mins

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
My favourtie is Andy Carter (I admit having a bit of a crush on him), but I also really like Peter Finch and Rick Shiels (I've met all three of them, had lessons with Pete and went on two golfing vacations with Carter, they are all incredibly nice in real life, very much the same to how they come across in the videos). For laoughs I absolutely love Randy from FriedEggsGolf. His videos are always very refreshing.

And actually, the two guys who got me into the whole vlogging scene when I first started playing are Harry Flower and (Gorilla) James Wiltshire. Harry is trying to become a tour pro by playing his way in through the mini-tours and James is going for a career in long drive (which is probably a good choice, because that guy is a clear and present danger on any golf course ;) ). Both did stop vlogging for a few years but are now back with new content regularly.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I watch most of Finch's stuff, some of Rick's stuff, some of Teeuplo,some James Robinson.
Crossfield just annoys me. I don't know if it's his voice, his mannerisms or what but, even of he's saying something interesting, I can't watch for more than a minute or two before getting annoyed.
I mainly watch TXG. Ian Fraser, ex TM fitter, and Matt Blois, a near scratch Canadian who hits the ball into the middle of next month.
Great content, massive knowledge and their style is very relaxed.