Dress codes

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Played royal lytham and royal Liverpool last year and there’s were in full effect. A guy got kicked out of the bar at Lytham for wearing shorts

Castle Eden up here suggest theirs is for health and safety of the players but it’s not overly stringent.

For want of a better categorisation, I’m a big believer that entry level courses should be casual and better courses should have a form of dress code that requires people to wear golf attire.

RedEyes

Visit site
Played royal lytham and royal Liverpool last year and there’s were in full effect. A guy got kicked out of the bar at Lytham for wearing shorts

Castle Eden up here suggest theirs is for health and safety of the players but it’s not overly stringent.

For want of a better categorisation, I’m a big believer that entry level courses should be casual and better courses should have a form of dress code that requires people to wear golf attire.
I caddied for a mate at Royal Liverpool, just after The Open, the member who they were playing with gave us a full tour of the clubhouse and nobody flinched at us in shorts and trainers, it was surprisingly very relaxed.

steadyon

Hacker
Visit site
I guess it’s horses for courses really.

My home club is pretty relaxed. Golf attire on the course. Golf attire fine in club house, no dirty shoes though.

That’s great for most days out. Now and again though it’s really nice to somewhere a bit different, and dressing up, the jacket and tie after and all that just make it seem a bit more of special treat.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I caddied for a mate at Royal Liverpool, just after The Open, the member who they were playing with gave us a full tour of the clubhouse and nobody flinched at us in shorts and trainers, it was surprisingly very relaxed.
I found that with the clubhouse and to be honest I think I’m confusing the on course dress code with lytham too. When I walked into Lytham I got the full examination and wasn’t even allowed in the toilet with confirming I was playing and who with.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There are different dress codes for men and women. The more I think about it, the more offended and outraged I become when I realize strangers are making decisions about how I should dress based on what they perceive I have between my legs.
I have to confess I find it very difficult to muster any more outrage with the golf clubs than I do with M&S who divide their clothes sections between men and women.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
At the captain's drive-in on Sunday our club actually announced some changes to the formal dress code, including the fact that we didn't have to exclusively wear white socks anymore. Was 'announced' slightly tongue-in-cheek of course and got a bit of a cheer, but in seriousness I was really happy that we'd made that step in the right direction. It's a small thing perhaps, but things like that convince me I'm at the right club.

Springveldt

Visit site
We've just received an email stating that people should remember the dress etiquette for the club and that tracksuit bottoms are not allowed on the golf course. I wonder if someone when out with those horrible golf joggers on and someone has reported him.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We've just received an email stating that people should remember the dress etiquette for the club and that tracksuit bottoms are not allowed on the golf course. I wonder if someone when out with those horrible golf joggers on and someone has reported him.
Golf joggers are miles away from being the same as tracksuit bottoms. 😂

Albo

Visit site
I went to Woodhall Spa once and said no golf shoes in the bar. So i took them off and went in in my socks.

That didn't go down well. To be fair, looking back at it, that was probably a step too far. My home club was absolutely fine with stuff like that, so I thought nothing of it.
I did that at Lytham. They were fine with my being in socks, not so trainers

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm staggered that anyone would report someone there over clothing. It's a proper working mans club. I'm trying to work out if it's gone posh now that your membership is full 😄.

It wasn't you that dobbed them in, was it ? 🤭