Dress codes

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the clubs preference is for you to tuck a shirt in, why do you feel the need to find every loop hole and excuse not to.

Asap adam, the way in which you have referred to any form of dress code implies you belong more in a skate park with a spray can rather than any form of golf club.

The toilet reference is self explanatory.
Because I would rather not have to have my shirt tucked in. I would have thought that was obvious.

Needless to say, the leap that you are making there is completely absurd so we might as well wrap it up if you're going down that route.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Those are very well made points.

I actually need to try and enter some comps I just like to go about my own business hitting a ball then finding it and hitting it again, all in the name of fresh air and enjoyment (most of the time).
As for the stranger thing, I’m pretty high on the introvert scale and find it tiresome having to make polite conversation with someone for a couple of hours, I come away from a situation like that a lot more stressed and mentally exhausted, golf is my escape and decompression time.

There is a big thing being run at the moment when it comes to golf and mental health as well as trying to help social interaction

We are running little swindles for players that are either new , don’t know anyone or have anxiety issues

It seems to work very well for those people and some are now branching out into other roll ups etc

Certainly worth speaking to your club or pro about it

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Because I would rather not have to have my shirt tucked in. I would have thought that was obvious.

Needless to say, the leap that you are making there is completely absurd so we might as well wrap it up if you're going down that route.

The point is if that’s the clubs preference and you chose to join that club then there should be no request for them to adhere to your preferences.

I’m sure they would prefer not to have to request you to stick to their dress code but yet you expect them to?

Maybe change your membership to putt shack or the local chip and putt?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
So, if not having your shirt tucked in to play golf makes you either some kind of vandal or a yob. Given Harold Shipman wore shirt and tie to work every day. Does that make everyone who wears them a serial killer?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So, if not having your shirt tucked in to play golf makes you either some kind of vandal or a yob. Given Harold Shipman wore shirt and tie to work every day. Does that make everyone who wears them a serial killer?

The point is he chose to join a club whose preference as per their dress code is to wear shirts tucked in, he chooses to purposely ignore their requirement until he is requested personally to do so.

If he doesn’t like the clubs rules, he should have joined a different club and not expect to be an exception to the rule.

I’m looking to join a new club this week. I know their rules and expectations, I haven’t asked them to change them or do I plan to go there an intend to ignore them.

The fact that you can’t play golf with a shirt tucked in is simply bollox!

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site

The frustrating thing with you is that when you don't like a rule, you just choose to ignore it and put it down to 'common sense' or blame the past.

You seem incapable of adhering to the simple notion that there are rules and you need to follow them until they are changed. By all means try and affect the change but until that happens you have to toe the line or risk the consequences.

Seems to be a problem in society really.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The frustrating thing with you is that when you don't like a rule, you just choose to ignore it and put it down to 'common sense' or blame the past.

You seem incapable of adhering to the simple notion that there are rules and you need to follow them until they are changed. By all means try and affect the change but until that happens you have to toe the line or risk the consequences.

Seems to be a problem in society really.
Why are you frustrated? It shouldn't matter to you at all what I get up to and what I do with my shirt.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
This thread is reminding me of the scene in A Few Good Men, where Jessop is saying that the marines can’t decide which orders they follow and which they can decide aren’t real orders.

People follow orders, or people die!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This thread is reminding me of the scene in A Few Good Men, where Jessop is saying that the marines can’t decide which orders they follow and which they can decide aren’t real orders.

Lol, comparing trying to play golf to joining the marines is probably a good analogy for some people on here.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Someone chucked Shipman into the mix on the debate....you didn't mind that bit of insanity when it suited you.
Hi there.

I was just showing how ridiculous it is to suggest someone will behave a certain way because of what they wear.

I do hope the blindly follow the rules brigade have never broken the speed limit, or had half a shandy to many after a round, or had a parking ticket.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi there.

I was just showing how ridiculous it is to suggest someone will behave a certain way because of what they wear.

I do hope the blindly follow the rules brigade have never broken the speed limit, or had half a shandy to many after a round, or had a parking ticket.

So you’re suggesting a fine, prison sentence or even a loss of licence just because he won’t tuck his shirt in.

Bit extreme.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Hold on does that make Olly tom cruise? He's a bit tall