Dress Code Question

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Go back about 6 pages 're shirts tucked in. Apparently, untucking will lead to pensioners being abused and doors being slammed in the faces of women. Basically the end of civilization as we know it. Oh yes, anyone ever caught cheating on a golf course always had their shirt outside of their trousers. Fact.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Go back about 6 pages 're shirts tucked in. Apparently, untucking will lead to pensioners being abused and doors being slammed in the faces of women. Basically the end of civilization as we know it. Oh yes, anyone ever caught cheating on a golf course always had their shirt outside of their trousers. Fact.

They wore trousers?

D

Deleted member 15344

This is the only stance i find odd, i really cant see the difference between a supposed golf polo, one from a high end fashion retailer, and one from primani. If the asthetics are similar that is. If by golf attire, we strictly mean only those produced for golf by a manufacturer of golf clothing and other such paraphernalia, then well thats just daft for all but the most exclusive establishments.

That all being said, never had an issue with dress codes as long as its fairly generic.

How do all feel about the shirts tucked in rule?

I feel it looks scruffy and I'm glad our dress code asks they stay tucked in.

We had one member who wanted it changed because he always had his shirt untucked and his looked a mess

Visit site

Ah yes so it does, silly me, carry on.

D

Deleted member 15344

I shouldn't laugh........

Untucked shirt looks scruffy and upsets fellow golfers so badly that they have to tuck it in 😂

Have just checked but don't see anyone saying that "it upsets fellow golfers" ?

D

Deleted member 15344

It gets better....

What's wrong now ? Do you not believe in follow dress codes even if you don't agree with them ?

Is it not just showing respect to abide by the club and it's members wishes ?

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What's wrong now ? Do you not believe in follow dress codes even if you don't agree with them ?

Is it not just showing respect to abide by the club and it's members wishes ?

I get all that, what I have tried to understand over the years is why

Personally I tuck my shirt in, wear polo tops, belt on my trousers but if others want to wear an untucked t-shirt, cargo shorts/trousers one red sock & one green sock then that is their choice. It doesn't offend me or make me think any different of them.

Some of the sights you see that confirm to the dress code(s) look far "scruffier"

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At Wells GC some years ago a large group of the members got enough support for an EGM at which they 'won' the right to leave shirt tails out.

When we originally banned side pocketed trousers eg cargo and combat style, half my wardrobe became obsolete in golfing terms.

D

Deleted member 15344

I get all that, what I have tried to understand over the years is why

Personally I tuck my shirt in, wear polo tops, belt on my trousers but if others want to wear an untucked t-shirt, cargo shorts/trousers one red sock & one green sock then that is their choice. It doesn't offend me or make me think any different of them.

Some of the sights you see that confirm to the dress code(s) look far "scruffier"

It's only their choice as long as its within the boundaries of the dress code of that club

And the reason why will be because the membership want it that way - they don't have to give a reason that satisfys people

If the club allows t shirts , cargo shorts and different coloured socks then people will have the choice but I can guarantee it will be a club that is struggling and of poor standard.

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's only their choice as long as its within the boundaries of the dress code of that club

And the reason why will be because the membership want it that way - they don't have to give a reason that satisfys people

If the club allows t shirts , cargo shorts and different coloured socks then people will have the choice but I can guarantee it will be a club that is struggling and of poor standard.

First paragraph - OK
Second paragraph- Joke
Third paragraph - so wrong

D

Deleted member 15344

First paragraph - OK
Second paragraph- Joke
Third paragraph - so wrong

It's not a joke - if the membership want to have their members dressed within a dress code they don't have to justify that to anyone else

And can you name any top quality course that allows people to pretty much wear what they want ?

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's not a joke - if the membership want to have their members dressed within a dress code they don't have to justify that to anyone else

And can you name any top quality course that allows people to pretty much wear what they want ?

Apart from football tops and offensive slogans (and appropriate footwear) my club doesn't ban jeans, cargo trousers, shorts, untucked shirts etc.

No issue with jeans or trainers in restaurant or the bar.

Rated as one of the top courses in West Lothian it has produced some top class golfers in recent times, including the runner up in the Scottish Amateur who also shot a 59 at Gullane. Another fine young golfer was chosen to play with Tom Watson & Paul McGinley at Gleneagles as part of the 2014 Ryder Cup opening.

D

Deleted member 15344

Apart from football tops and offensive slogans (and appropriate footwear) my club doesn't ban jeans, cargo trousers, shorts, untucked shirts etc.

No issue with jeans or trainers in restaurant or the bar.

Rated as one of the top courses in West Lothian it has produced some top class golfers in recent times, including the runner up in the Scottish Amateur who also shot a 59 at Gullane. Another fine young golfer was chosen to play with Tom Watson & Paul McGinley at Gleneagles as part of the 2014 Ryder Cup opening.

And the club is ?