Woburn fourballs and general information

Status
Not open for further replies.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gentleman as it stands I will be asking for a firm decision by Tuesday morning. I will ask about a full refund or the possibility of re-arranging the dates.

I have spent a little on mystery prizes which are only any use to this fixture due to engraving, so that will be my loss.

Looking at the green fees, anytime after this week for what we are getting is £209pp. I could always ask for next year although my plan was to arrange a weekend away meet at Woodall Spa in April 2014.

Keep posting your suggestions and look out for any further information as and when I get it.

next update about 9am on Monday 25th

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Given how the weather is Rob they may play ball on a re-arranged date at no extra cost given its a Golf Monthly meet with plenty magazine and forum coverage for free ;)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You can but ask Rob, whatever gets decided will be fine by me. Just for info I tweeted the head pro earlier (Luther) and he said he thought it very unlikely that the course be open by Weds :(

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Rob.... I'd be happy for any decision but I do think that you should share the costs that are irrecoverable before making any refund. I hope others agree

We are all grateful for everything you've done!

Chris

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rob.... I'd be happy for any decision but I do think that you should share the costs that are irrecoverable before making any refund. I hope others agree

We are all grateful for everything you've done!
Chris

I'm with this the loss of any costs should be split between all if it comes to that.
Also thought that engraving maybe able to be changed if needed or plate stuck over top?
Top work FT. Thanks again.

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
I've not read all the comments but I guess the weather is the main discussion, hope people aren't getting agitated with full_throttle because its clearly completely out of his control. Obviously I've got sympathy for people who have booked rooms etc.

I really would be keen for a rearranged date if its cancelled, this year not next.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
been out a bit today and the roads are clearing. RickG was cod at the range but thats cos he is an old wrinkly, it wasnt too bad. I still reckon theres a glimmer of hope for you all.

failing that any rearrangement I am in so anyone that can;t make it give me a shout ;)

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but even if the courses are open its going to be extremely damp underfoot if not frozen.I Certainly do not want to pay £135 to play on temp tees and greens and sodden fairways, no fun in that. I would prefer to rearrange if its cancelled as I have never played Woburn before and am looking forward to it. I can usually get the day off anytime if I need it, so not fussed about a day in April,May/June.
Supposed to be having a couple of days at Woodhall Spa that was arranged a while back on Tuesday and Wednesday.Don't look like
thats going to happen either.Well hacked off

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
Thinking about it, even if it clears of snow, the course isn't going to be in good condition and it will be very cold... Would it be best to try to reschedule both days?

tyke

Head Pro
Visit site
I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but even if the courses are open its going to be extremely damp underfoot if not frozen.I Certainly do not want to pay £135 to play on temp tees and greens and sodden fairways, no fun in that. I would prefer to rearrange if its cancelled as I have never played Woburn before and am looking forward to it. I can usually get the day off anytime if I need it, so not fussed about a day in April,May/June.
Supposed to be having a couple of days at Woodhall Spa that was arranged a while back on Tuesday and Wednesday.Don't look like
thats going to happen either.Well hacked off

You should be ok for Woodhall, snow has all gone round here and the Hotchkin drains really well

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I would agree that any costs should be shared in the event of cancellation.

I will wait and see what happens with the weather . We can only hope but it is not looking good.

It is a pity after all of FT s hard work that we may not play. You cant play in snow though.

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It's slowly clearing here in MK, my office a couple of miles away is much better than yesterday but unless we get some rain I wouldn't imagine that the course would be playable.

Obviously everyone involved is a bit gutted but I'm used to having to cancel my golf breaks, Brocket hall thanks to the snow again, Celtic Manor earlier this year due to breaking my collarbone....Oh Wait....I notice a pattern here!!!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
unless we get some rain I wouldn't imagine that the course would be playable.

I wouldn't have though that any amount of rain will help the situation, any water on top of the snow and the course would become very wet (or wetter) unless it drains exceptionally well!

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's slowly clearing here in MK, my office a couple of miles away is much better than yesterday but unless we get some rain I wouldn't imagine that the course would be playable.

Obviously everyone involved is a bit gutted but I'm used to having to cancel my golf breaks, Brocket hall thanks to the snow again, Celtic Manor earlier this year due to breaking my collarbone....Oh Wait....I notice a pattern here!!!

Mmm might have to avoid meets your down for in future then.... :rofl:

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no update I have to go out for a lesson but will try and contact Woburn on my return.

I could of had a return call but I want to be at home so I can make a note of everything that is discussed so I can keep you guys fully informed.

Hopefully some news at 12 noon

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Fingers crossed for you Rob. You have obviously put a load of work into this Meet.

Playing West Hill tomorrow and whilst the course is open at the moment, I'm thinking it could be another chilly one.:eek:

Fozzie

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks for all your hard work & info on this Rob. I agree any loss should be incurred by the group. Assuming we get the worst news, is there anyone who would be still up for a game on Thursday ?
I've just bought a new bag from the pro at Northwood GC. Never played there but it looks nice on the website & is fully open !

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You have done all that's humanly possible and deserve a big pat on the back....and a pint...from us all, Rob.

Best to say now, my preference is to rearrange or refund as I don't see any point in playing on temp tees and greens, battling the biting wind and rock-like balls. Was looking forward to this last week but not in these conditions.

Also, carrying is out for me!

Await further updates but agree that Tuesday morning is the latest OUR decision should be made for Wednesday. A day later for the Thursday groups.

Apologies for the language but its taken 40mins to type this on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.