H4H Liphook Start Sheet

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
I
Great, this year's H4H is now even better!

(Not sure about the "All scores in your group will be important for team prize" though, will have to think long and hard as to which clubs to bring.)
I'm sure you'll be as handy as ever with whichever bats are in the bag 👍

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to it. As I’m one of the ‘lucky’ ones off 13a early at 9.52, can all players get to their respective tees well before that time as if your cutting across the course to your tee any later you are in grave danger on my current form.

Unless of course you happen to be walking up the 13th fairway. If so, ignore this message your safe as houses!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Looking forward to it. As I’m one of the ‘lucky’ ones off 13a early at 9.52, can all players get to their respective tees well before that time as if your cutting across the course to your tee any later you are in grave danger on my current form.

Unless of course you happen to be walking up the 13th fairway. If so, ignore this message your safe as houses!
13th Hole crosses two counties. So you could drive off in Hamphire and end up in Surrey.:eek:

D

Deleted member 1147

Ha ha, looking forward to a great four ball - Hope James keeps his trolley well away from my golf ball this year...
If you put a dent on the other side for me it'll become symmetrical & might start driving in a straight line again!!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

This is a good point. We have three double up tees, 5, 13 and 18, so if you are walking to your tee to tee off at 10.00, be very aware of those teeing off at 9.52.

There are a few holes which are slightly confusing if you are playing for the first time.

9. Tee shot is obvious, but second shot is totally blind. There is a huge rough hump just short left of the green which can snag a ball. Ideally you want to hit second shot at the green, and not try and run it in from the left. Don't miss right though as green slopes away. One of the hardest holes on the course because of the second shot. Also wait for the bell to go before hitting to the green.

10. You need to aim at the marker, which looks like it is too far left, but isn't ! Take into account the marker is set up for the back tee. If you are too far right, you will be blocked out for your second shot. Very downhill fairway, and at the end of the fairway is thick heather, rough. Probably about 220 yards at most to rough, so suggest long iron or hybrid assuming ground is still running.

13. Great hole, one of the best on the course, but beware there is a water hazard in the middle of the fairway, and with the firm ground bigger hitters could reach it. Hazard is obvious when you come to play your second shot.

14. Severe dogleg to the right. If you go short right down the fairway you will not get round the corner, and the trees are huge. Middle to left side of the fairway is line, with a three wood or hybrid for longer hitters. Driver can run out down the left unless hit with a fade.

15. No obvious line off the tee for this hole. You need to hit a good three wood or similar, straight over the left side of the bunker on the right. Beware though anything too far right of this bunker will go OB. If you go left of the bunker you will run out of fairway with a longer club. Good line for shorter hitters, but it is probably about 200 yards to the rough. If you hit a nice fade you can take driver starting just left of bunker, but dangerous shot. First time I played the hole three of us hit driver safely left of the bunker and didn't find one ball !! Carry over bunker is around 180/200 yards off the yellows from memory.

16. Hole comes back opposite way from the 15th, but it is not OB right of the white posts. These posts are only for the 15th. Line is down the right hand side of the fairway, and you only ned to hit 200 yards maximum. Hole doglegs to the left, so if you go down the left you can be blocked out. If you hit further than 200 yards off the tee, you will run into rough, unless you are lucky enough to hit a slither fairway, no wider than a path !

Hope the above might help some of you, that is asuming you trust me :whistle:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is a good point. We have three double up tees, 5, 13 and 18, so if you are walking to your tee to tee off at 10.00, be very aware of those teeing off at 9.52.

There are a few holes which are slightly confusing if you are playing for the first time.

9. Tee shot is obvious, but second shot is totally blind. There is a huge rough hump just short left of the green which can snag a ball. Ideally you want to hit second shot at the green, and not try and run it in from the left. Don't miss right though as green slopes away. One of the hardest holes on the course because of the second shot. Also wait for the bell to go before hitting to the green.

10. You need to aim at the marker, which looks like it is too far left, but isn't ! Take into account the marker is set up for the back tee. If you are too far right, you will be blocked out for your second shot. Very downhill fairway, and at the end of the fairway is thick heather, rough. Probably about 220 yards at most to rough, so suggest long iron or hybrid assuming ground is still running.

13. Great hole, one of the best on the course, but beware there is a water hazard in the middle of the fairway, and with the firm ground bigger hitters could reach it. Hazard is obvious when you come to play your second shot.

14. Severe dogleg to the right. If you go short right down the fairway you will not get round the corner, and the trees are huge. Middle to left side of the fairway is line, with a three wood or hybrid for longer hitters. Driver can run out down the left unless hit with a fade.

15. No obvious line off the tee for this hole. You need to hit a good three wood or similar, straight over the left side of the bunker on the right. Beware though anything too far right of this bunker will go OB. If you go left of the bunker you will run out of fairway with a longer club. Good line for shorter hitters, but it is probably about 200 yards to the rough. If you hit a nice fade you can take driver starting just left of bunker, but dangerous shot. First time I played the hole three of us hit driver safely left of the bunker and didn't find one ball !! Carry over bunker is around 180/200 yards off the yellows from memory.

16. Hole comes back opposite way from the 15th, but it is not OB right of the white posts. These posts are only for the 15th. Line is down the right hand side of the fairway, and you only ned to hit 200 yards maximum. Hole doglegs to the left, so if you go down the left you can be blocked out. If you hit further than 200 yards off the tee, you will run into rough, unless you are lucky enough to hit a slither fairway, no wider than a path !

Hope the above might help some of you, that is asuming you trust me :whistle:
I think I might go on the website and look at the pro tips not some hacker off a forum :)

D

Deleted member 21258

Its like having a caddy again, suppose we have to pay for these tips, is a bottle enough or are you a greedy caddy who wants a whole box of bottles for the raffle:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Its like having a caddy again, suppose we have to pay for these tips, is a bottle enough or are you a greedy caddy who wants a whole box of bottles for the raffle:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I think I am reducing my chances of winning passing on these tips.:eek:
I am only greedy when it comes to H4H. You should know that better than most Darren.:)

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Oh dear just been snooping to see what the handicaps are of my fellow 4 ball and have found that Junior, Pieman, play off 5 and 6 now I’m worried my 7 handicap is more like 17 at the moment sorry PNWokingham, can’t see yours but I promise not to hold you all up.Tab373

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Oh dear just been snooping to see what the handicaps are of my fellow 4 ball and have found that Junior, Pieman, play off 5 and 6 now I’m worried my 7 handicap is more like 17 at the moment sorry PNWokingham, can’t see yours but I promise not to hold you all up.Tab373
Nobody has ever held Paul up.;) He is not called Slasher for nothing.:eek: