THURSDAY
First tee-time 0745
1) 0745 full_throttle, bigfoot, sybez, paddyc,
2) 0753 pieman, rickg, myoung19, pieman guest
3) 0801 lollfred guest, valentine, fozzie, lollfred
4) 0809 captain ron, socky, el bandito, swingalot
5) 0817 hobbit, wookie guest, wookie, scienceboy
6) 0825 sev112, mkdave, rob2, pbrown7582

I have put myself out first so I can be back in the clubhouse to greet you and check the scorecards before the presentation. Unfortunately someone has to go out last, so I have tried to mix the groups up with a range of handicaps where possible.
Due to the daylight it is imperative that in the event of a non scoring hole the player picks up, this will help keep the group moving.
The format will be Stableford using full handicap, there will be prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd for each round and each round will also have a Nearest the Pin Prize.
I will be at the course for 7am, so I can hand everybody their scorecards and stroke savers. Please remember I wish to enjoy the day too.
If anybody wishes to run a 2’s sweep then that’s fine.
Please don’t rush off after the second round, I know some have a long journey but I will be presenting prizes within 10 minutes of the last group getting back into the club house.
I have spoken directly with Woburn and clean golfing attire is permitted in the bar after the 36th hole.
Any questions, please ask.

Below is a copy and paste of the guidelines I have been sent.

Guidelines for Visiting Golfers
Handicaps: All visitors must possess current club handicaps (Max H’Cap Gentlemen 24 and Ladies 36) CDH Numbers required
Mobile phones, message devices and laptops: All devices must be on silent in all areas at all times - Mobiles may be used for data transmission only (emailing, texting and internet) but no voice use - Laptops and other computers may be operated in the Masters Lounge, Poulter Room, Hay Room and Study areas only.
Phone calls may be made within the locker rooms, car park and warm up area but not on the Golf Courses, unless in an emergency.
Liability: The club cannot accept liability for any injuries to other persons by visiting players whilst on the club’s property and all players acknowledge that they enter on the course or into the club’s premises at their own risk and consent to the risk of loss, damage or injury however caused.
Pace of Play: We ask all players to maintain an acceptable pace of play Please keep up with the group ahead, be prepared and ready to play.

Dress Code for Woburn Golf Club
Within the Reception, Professional Shop, Bloomsbury Room, Masters Bar, Masters Lounge, Terrace and the Poulter Room (all the deep red carpeted areas) the following are permitted:
Smart, coloured jeans (no denim)
Shorts provided they are tailored
Golf, leisure, deck (no socks needed) and sandal style footwear (no open-toed footwear for men)

Within the Russell Bar, the Hay Room, the Study and Function Rooms (all the diamond shaped carpeted areas):
Before 6pm, the following are permitted:
Smart, coloured jeans (no denim)
Shorts provided they are tailored and always with ankle length or long socks
Leisure, deck and sandal style footwear (but no open-toed footwear for men), unless function details specify otherwise

After 6pm, the following are required:
A jacket and collared shirt for men and appropriate dress for ladies, unless function details specify otherwise
On the golf courses, practice areas and putting greens the following are permitted:
Shorts, provided they are tailored and worn with ankle length or long socks
Golf shoes with socks
Golf shirts should always have a collar and be tucked in
Please be aware the following are NOT permitted:
Blue denim jeans/denim shorts and untucked shirts on men, trainers, t-shirts, hats or flip flops within the clubhouse. The management team reserves the right for discretion within these rules.

Directions
M1 Junction 13
Take the road sign posted A4012 Woburn
Follow the road into Husborne Crawley (ignoring signs for Woburn Abbey and Safari Park)
Turn Left at the Fir Tree Hotel
Drive 1 mile along and turn right into Longsdale Lane
Turn left as the road bends and proceed about 800 yards to the Club entrance.

M1 Junction 14 and route via A5
Follow signs for Milton Keynes and A5
Continue South on dual carriageway following signs for A5
On joining the A5 at large roundabout, take the A5 London exit
At the first slip road take the turning sign posted to Woburn
After 500 yards as the road bends round to the right, take the turning to the left indicated Woburn Golf Club.

Travelling from the South via A5
Take the Little Brickhill slip road off the A5
At the first round about turn right (crossing over the A5)
After 800 yards as the road bends round to the right, take the left turning indicated Woburn Golf Club.

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm so excited.

Can appreciate just how much work and chasing you've had to do to get this sorted, so thanks very much. Top work!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Poor Hooper and Wherediditgo! I am only bringing Mashley as a Care In The Community project - sorry guys!

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gentlemen, I have just spoken to the Golf Club, Thursday afternoon will start at 1329, so the last group out will be at 1409, giving everybody a fair chance of completing the course.

On arrival please report to reception where you will be dirceted to our room. It is easier to leave your clubs in the car until after breakfast, I woud recommed just taking your shoes to change before heading back to the car and onto the Marquiss Course.

Food is to be served on a rolling basis in the Howland Room.

I will have more information on the day as to where we will congregate after the 36th hole for presentations.

Any questions please ask

Robert

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gentlemen, I have just spoken to the Golf Club, Thursday afternoon will start at 1329, so the last group out will be at 1409, giving everybody a fair chance of completing the course.

On arrival please report to reception where you will be dirceted to our room. It is easier to leave your clubs in the car until after breakfast, I woud recommed just taking your shoes to change before heading back to the car and onto the Marquiss Course.

Food is to be served on a rolling basis in the Howland Room.

I will have more information on the day as to where we will congregate after the 36th hole for presentations.

Any questions please ask

Robert

Rob

That all sounds very efficient, however we are nervous about the weather, so can you just detail excactly what you have done to ensure perfect playing conditions and glorious weather

Status
Not open for further replies.