Woburn fourballs and general information

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm 2 and half miles from Woburn golf Course today, and the grassy area next to my office is not thawing out, but I can see bits of grass and roads and paths looks pretty clear.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rob

Do we not what their approach is if the courses has thawed yet the greens are frozen solid? Will the courses be open in this situ (Cant say Ill be too happy to pay £135 to play on frozen greens :( )

As Dave says a little more dusting overnight and its actually trying to snow lightly again now, dont think we get much more but not convinced what we have will be gone sadly :(

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You feeling any better yet Steve? If all else fails I beleive Windmill Hill Pirate golf will be operating Wednesday/thursday

Better than I was Fri/Sat yes but still not great to be honest, hopefully should be rid of it in the next day or two

Haha, you mean Abbey Hill ;) now that would be one hell of a forum meet pmsl

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
all information recieved will be posted here as soon as possible, i'm anticipating getting in touch around 9am and then again about 1630 tomorrow. If there is no firm decision then I will also be ringing Tuesday morning and afternoon.

I appreciate people have to travel, so I will try and get the most upto date information posted.

If any of you wish to contact me then please do so 07910074604.

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Better than I was Fri/Sat yes but still not great to be honest, hopefully should be rid of it in the next day or two

Haha, you mean Abbey Hill ;) now that would be one hell of a forum meet pmsl

Yeah sorry Abbey Hill! Haha can just see some of us now falling in the water.

AHHHHHHHHHH MORE SNOW!!!!!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Some of us are coming from deepest Kent so I think Woburn need to play fair and make a decision as soon as practicable. I have played this morning at our place and there's no way you could survive 36 holes out there in those temperatures with a strong breeze!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Ive just come back from Lincoln and took a slight detour and went to the Woburn Golf club car park

At 2 pm it was -2 degrees and there was 1 1/2 - 2 inches of show on the practice area, (a few tufts of grass were just peeping through) the snow was wet, ie not dry and blowing about.

Its forecast to be -3 tonight, +1 tomorrow and -2 tomorrow night. I dont see that amount of snow going anytime soon with those temperatures, hope i'm wrong

Do we have a plan B Rebook or different venue? just in case

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hear what your saying.

worth nearly £5k of business, obviously they want the course to be open so a decision would not be made until last minute, would this then give us time to rearrange, the refund of money could take a week.

If we cancelled this late there would be a chance administartion costs, golfers that have booked B&B, extra travelling and maybe further dropouts,

I for one hope this event happens.

all information recieved will be posted here as soon as possible, i'm anticipating getting in touch around 9am and then again about 1630 tomorrow. If there is no firm decision then I will also be ringing Tuesday morning and afternoon.

I appreciate people have to travel, so I will try and get the most upto date information posted.

If any of you wish to contact me then please do so 07910074604.

Phil, old man, I can't do much more at the moment.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Our golf society day on Friday at Kilworth Springs was called off at 7.15 on friday morning by our society secretary because the club said they were open !! I spoke to Kilworth and they had 2 inches of snow but were open. Crazy. We have had a full refund even though we cancelled.

My son and I were intending leaving at 7.30 as the first tee was 10.00 so the timing was fine and we were not really expecting to play. Most travelling on the day will be leaving early as the first tee times are early.
For me, playing on Thursday, I can wait to get an indication on Wed night. I hope those playing Wednesday get a game but it seems less likely be the minute.

Snow is melting here but not quickly but we are nowhere near Woburn.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1418

Rob, you can do no more pal. It's appreciated.

Agreed. What will be Will be. We're all desperate to play but if it's not possible then that's life - I'll be happy to either take the refund, or rearrange.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Agree with the guys above. If the weather does it worse, perhaps we could get it rearranged for say may or June if they are willing to hold the deal for us and we then get blessed with a summer scorcher?
Glass half full?, sod that, bottle half full!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am game for a re-arrange, only busy 6th to the 24th of May, other than that I am pretty open.

Being a hardy golfer willing to try all conditions I will attend if its still on and even half playable!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If they honour the deal and offer to rearrange id happiy consider it but dates would have to work for me work wise which hopefully wouldnt be a problem. Pretty much any week from 3rd week May untill 19th Sept works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.