Cost of Annual Membership at your Club

How much is Annual Membership at your club?

• Total voters

Mandofred

Visit site
Still waiting to hear ours.....although there is a guy switching back to our course that used to be a member a few years ago.....supposedly was quoted the same price as last year. I guess the theory is that the club gets a few new members from surrounding clubs that may be raising their fees. My concern is that could lead to having more trouble getting tee times. Eh?.....no idea.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ouch. That's quite a hike.

Do you have options lined up? Where you expecting that much of an increase? (no need to name clubs)

Yes me and Stu already have somewhere else lined up, which we will join on the 1st of March.

Was obviously expecting an increase
But more in line with other clubs in the area, or what I've read on the forum, which seems to be anything from about 3% to 10%.....

But we'd already seen a 33% increase on the cost of a members digicard for the driving range, so we sort of knew which direction the venue is going.

D-S

Visit site
My clubs launched a new incentive. Renew before the end of march (subs not due until may 1st) and you’ll see no increase.

It will reward the existing members who commit early.
An interesting move, sort of an early payment discount but you don’t know how much the discount is?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
An interesting move, sort of an early payment discount but you don’t know how much the discount is?

Subs will be going up around 6-7%, based on the subs being £1600 I see it at £112 ish, given it’s approx £138 per month on DD, its almost the equivalent to an additional months payment.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
My clubs launched a new incentive. Renew before the end of march (subs not due until may 1st) and you’ll see no increase.

It will reward the existing members who commit early.

That was a suggestion at ours but advised we couldn't do it , have you had a good uptake with it ?

Mandofred

Visit site
From what I heard today, we are likely keeping our fees the same as last year. As a result, we evidently had 15 membership applications just yesterday from people wanting to join. People are switching from the local courses who raised their rates a decent amount. I think our under 30 type memberships may be full now.

Teebs

Visit site
I guess in areas that have many Golf Courses, players can pick and choose their club.

Ours still hasn't published the rates for 23/24, but the fees were already on the high side for the area..

D

Deleted member 1147

Can't remember the numbers, but we've increased by 8%, which wasn't as bad as I expected.
We're the best course for some distance so fees aren't low, and we've recently had the bunkers done and are looking to get permission for a new greenkeepers buildings etc, plus we pay the National Trust about £100k p.a. in rent.

So with all county/country fees, locker, bar tariff it'll be a pinch under £2k

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Can't remember the numbers, but we've increased by 8%, which wasn't as bad as I expected.
We're the best course for some distance so fees aren't low, and we've recently had the bunkers done and are looking to get permission for a new greenkeepers buildings etc, plus we pay the National Trust about £100k p.a. in rent.

So with all county/country fees, locker, bar tariff it'll be a pinch under £2k

Ouch. Hopefully you get good value per round ratio.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got notification yesterday on the increase for new membership year. 6.5% onto last year’s £1784, plus £20 for Surrey and England, and £75 clubhouse food&drinks levy. Good news as was fearing nearer 10%.

That’ll take my renewal to a smidgin under £2000 - just like @JamesR above.

Its a lot but as golf is what I do - it’s just part of me, and we’ll be not much different to other clubs around us that we benchmark against.

The increase does not actually fully cover projected shortfall against projected increased club running costs, but the club aims to cover that shortfall by bringing in limited numbers of new members (with a joining fee) and being able to charge visitors a bit more as we ever improve our golfing experience and clubhouse offering. In the short term we have a bit of surplus from last year to tide us over.

Teebs

Visit site
£992 confirmed for 2023/24 season.
5% rise which was less than I expected, benefits of being member owned.