Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Cancel current membership and stop playing altogether

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over 30 years at my existing club.

Probably the best club in the local area and far fewer restrictions, due to inclement weather than other club near to me.

The only thing we really lack is a top notch short game practice facility.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've joined a new club, nearer my new house. Will be giving up the current membership when it expires.

Mixed feelings about it. Old course is a bit better and has better practice facilities. New course is still a good course, has more women so offers team golf which wasn't an option at the old one. But the house move clinched it, lots to be said for living 2 mins from the course.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes definitely, will be renewing for 11th year.
I get my money's worth as I play all year round, in both our winter league and comps. Course is on my doorstep and is very well run.
Ok winter means it's temporary greens at times with wet/ softer fairways, but so what wrap up, get some fresh air and enjoy

Fish

Banned
Visit site
My renewal is in August so you're in full flow, if it was like all our neighbours on April 1st I’d possibly wobble dependent on how bad and long the winter was.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Staying put, we've had a lot of work done over the last 15 months (phase 2 looks well under way and some of the new features look rather daunting) so it will be like playing a new course again come April.

Where are you looking at moving to Dave?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
at the club ive just left it has led to the course being busier and almost impossible to just rock up and get a game most of the time. as a member who used to play in the quieter times, these times are now being sold off for £10 or so a time, meaning midweek the course is rammed. course condition is also started to suffer due to the increased traffic, great if you are organised and/or play with the same group each time, less so if youre not like me

That's the fault of the Club though not BRS.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just handed in my membership application for a new club and cancelled my old club.

Better course (well two of them) and better practice facilities sealed it for me. It is more expensive but getting a good deal for under 30's. Looking forward to getting started

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
2nd year as a member at my club, don’t really get value for money as I work away half the year.
Its on my doorstep and I enjoy the course though.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
18 years for me this year , wasn't going to rejoin but the brother in law and one of my other mates is rejoining plus have a big squad of boys that i play with so that sealed it.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am moving. Tough decision. I like my current course, but I just don’t get value for money. I don’t practice there and only play the odd evening. Big downside are the guys I play with. They are a good bunch, some I have known for a long time.
I am down to either one club that is close that I really enjoyed playing the the other week or hanging fire and just joining a 10 hole course for a year for half the cost but is close and I pass it on the way home from work and could pretty much play every evening!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
2nd year as a member at my club, don’t really get value for money as I work away half the year.
Its on my doorstep and I enjoy the course though.

changed days for them Brian, its not that long ago it was a 7 year waiting list just to get on the waiting list, now i understand you can walk right in.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Renewing for my 5th year at my place and couldn't be happier. Decent enough course thats playable all year, great bunch of friends there now so a good social side to it, 5 mins from my house and I never get bored playing there. Hoping to be there for many years to come.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I am moving. Tough decision. I like my current course, but I just don’t get value for money. I don’t practice there and only play the odd evening. Big downside are the guys I play with. They are a good bunch, some I have known for a long time.
I am down to either one club that is close that I really enjoyed playing the the other week or hanging fire and just joining a 10 hole course for a year for half the cost but is close and I pass it on the way home from work and could pretty much play every evening!

10 hole? Flixton?