• Cancel current membership and go nomad

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Cancel current membership and stop playing altogether

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
We all know golf is expensive, the clothes, the clubs, bag, trolley, balls an then the cost of joining a club, perhaps a joining fee on top of the annual green fees. So will you be a member of a club this year or will you just pay to play when you can/want?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
have left my current club as relocating in a few months, expect i will join somewhere new for the summer, if not this year then definitely next year

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yup renewal in March...unless the place starts crawling with 54 handichoppers, if so, as Theo Popadopadopolos said, "I'm out".

Jesting.
12 years at current club.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
rejoining my main club, but not rejoined Tain, going to go to Moray as a country member again. someone i trying to get me to join Dornoch as well but not sure on that yet.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Already have renewed my membership for this year. It is only £100 for me though (public, council-run course and I pay green fees and comp entry on top whenever I play). Looking forward to my second year as a golf club member.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've not voted in my own poll, as I'm currently undecided on whether to join a new club or go pay and play when time allows. I played this year from 3rd week in April to September H4H week, I've not lifted a club since, so I'm paying for 12months golf but only using the course for 6months. To be fair that is my choice, also the course goes to 16 holes, winter tees and winter greens, then there is the cold winter weather for which I cannot be bothered getting wrapped up in many layers, freezing my nuts off to hack a ball around what is essentially a wet muddy field for 4hrs. So in essence, down to m own choices I'm not really getting value for money at my present club/course and this is where I'm undecided, would changing to a new course that fairs better through the winter make me want to play into the late autumn early winter months, I don't know, or, would I be better off going nomad and picking the days where the weather is good and my time allows me to play, I just can't make my mind up.

GMC1981

Club Champion
Visit site
Still undecided.

I’ve got two courses on my doorstep . One of which I’m a member of and the other is your typical hotel resort type course . My course goes onto winter rules on Nov 1st so at that point I’ve no interest in half the course being temps . The resort course is pretty much open all year round unless the weather is severe . Think I’d get more of my money’s worth . My fees are due soon so I’d better make my mind up . Only thing that’s putting me off is I’ve had a couple of 4.5/5 hour rounds at the resort course . Don’t think I could be bothered with that every week. It also doesn’t use the BRS system which I find very handy .

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Still undecided.

I’ve got two courses on my doorstep . One of which I’m a member of and the other is your typical hotel resort type course . My course goes onto winter rules on Nov 1st so at that point I’ve no interest in half the course being temps . The resort course is pretty much open all year round unless the weather is severe . Think I’d get more of my money’s worth . My fees are due soon so I’d better make my mind up . Only thing that’s putting me off is I’ve had a couple of 4.5/5 hour rounds at the resort course . Don’t think I could be bothered with that every week. It also doesn’t use the BRS system which I find very handy .

BRS is brilliant, don't let anyone tell you different.

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yep, my whole family will be rejoining Honiton. Me, The Wife and my two boys.

Did jest with the golf director about a family discount.. but he said we were the only family lol.. still going to pursue something though, even if its a top up on the bar card or something.

Cant see us leaving there to be honest, such a friendly club and very welcoming to juniors.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very happy where I am. Got a mate rejoining and so have a new pairs partner and the club are working hard to make the course as good as it can be. Jamega Tour back again and playing in the pro-am. Lots of interesting things happening on and off the course.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It seems to have a mixed reaction . Any particular reason why some don’t like it ?

at the club ive just left it has led to the course being busier and almost impossible to just rock up and get a game most of the time. as a member who used to play in the quieter times, these times are now being sold off for £10 or so a time, meaning midweek the course is rammed. course condition is also started to suffer due to the increased traffic, great if you are organised and/or play with the same group each time, less so if youre not like me

DCB

Visit site
This will be my fourth year as a non playing member. I miss it like crazy, the ups and downs of a golfing year are just memories now. I can still play in the better weather, 9 holes is enough of a walk, 18 holes requires a buggy.

You'll never belive how much you'll miss it until you have to give it up. Make the most of your time on a course or playing regularly at a club. Most of all, enjoy your golf ☺

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Joining a new club. It’s too far from Spain to Cruden Bay, especially doing it every Saturday. My tea would be cold by the time I got back home