What type of golf club member are you

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

What type of golf club member are you

• Total voters

Fore Right

Visit site
In the weekday evenings always play and leave.

On a Saturday Comp , Play and stay for drinks and some food.
Its all part of the day for me and think you should support your caterer at the weekend.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
On a weekend I tend to be a bit more time pressured so I'll generally just have time for a quick drink.

In the summer evenings I generally play either once the kids have gone to bed or I wouldn't be home til after they're bed time anyway - in which case there's less rush and I'll stay for some food if there's any still available.

Food isn't great at our place though to be fair but it's a nice bar and the balcony is a lovely place to sit with a pint.

I do always feel as though they built it on the wrong side of the clubhouse though, the North facing side gets all the summer evening sun and looks out over morecambe Bay and the lake district fells. Its stunning watching the sunset .

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On a weekend I tend to be a bit more time pressured so I'll generally just have time for a quick drink.

In the summer evenings I generally play either once the kids have gone to bed or I wouldn't be home til after they're bed time anyway - in which case there's less rush and I'll stay for some food if there's any still available.

Food isn't great at our place though to be fair but it's a nice bar and the balcony is a lovely place to sit with a pint.

I do always feel as though they built it on the wrong side of the clubhouse though, the North facing side gets all the summer evening sun and looks out over morecambe Bay and the lake district fells. Its stunning watching the sunset .

Ours 100% put the bar on the wrong side but it's so the suite gets all the views of the course .. for weddings and events

The bar is litterally a view of the car park 😂

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I must admit I know very few golf clubs that would conform to this rather old fashioned stereotype these days.
I would go as far as to say the attitude that this is common is now outdated. It certainly exists but I don't recognise it as common in the vast majority of clubhouses that I visit.
Quite. When I popped into my club earlier today about 11:30 for a coffee I was wearing blue jeans, a polo shirt and trainers…though I think t-shirts may still be a no-no - probably as many bear a message of some sort and policing that would be difficult.

And I sat in our, what used to be, more formal lounge on a table next to three of our more venerable lady members (all three in their late 70s at least). We know each other from my regular visits and me bumping into them when they are in the Tuesday bridge group and we always have a little chat and share a laugh or two. Lovely.

I popped back at 3:30 for a few holes, and did the archetypal car park golfer thing…but that was turning up JIT for my tee time, then leaving straight away when I finished at 5pm as needed to get home.

I‘ll also note, as it’s related, we are in the process of redeveloping an area to the side of the clubhouse into an enclosed patio with planters - the clubhouse blocks out late afternoon and evening sun from the main patio, the new extension to the patio will allow post afternoon round drinks and food to be consumed in the sunshine. That’s a vote of confidence in our clubhouse offering and reflects on how our membership use and would like to further use our clubhouse.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Midweek I usually get straight off after golf. Picking the grandkids up from school.

Saturday stay for a drink.

Drink driving laws have put a stop to more than one though.
I must admit though post Covid I have avoided crowded places.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I'm genuinely sorry your clubhouse is like that . I have hosted friends of both sexes and from different ethnic groups at my club and it has never crossed my mind that they would be likely to find offensive or demeaning language in the clubhouse as I have never hear it myself.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not always like that. But the couple of times I have been in there with a certain group their behaviour has been the same.

To be fair to others. When my lad won his first comp the other week a few of the seniors couldn’t have been nicer to him.