What type of golf club member are you

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

What type of golf club member are you

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 15344

After seeing the recent thread on the bar/catering and seeing the discussion

How do you see the club you are a member off ( or various clubs if nomad )

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’m definitely a 3. Always get there about an hour before my tee time, have a coffee and a bit of banter, maybe a bite to eat. Then stop for a drink after. I’ve never been a car park golfer - defeats the whole object for me.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm a modified 3. Show up early, check in at the golf shop, go to the range to warm up, play and then drinks/food after the round.

Vokey

Banned
Visit site
Golfer x4 rounds per week, enter most comps and always stop and have a coffee Bacon roll/sausage roll at the half way hut depending on tee time.

Couple of drinks vary between coffee/tea/lime and soda/lager/white wine depending on situation.

I support my clubhouse at every oppurtunnity as fo many others.

Car park golfers imo should be charged more in subs.

I voted 5 but i'm probably closer to 3 .

Last edited:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Golfer x4 rounds per week, enter most comps and always stop and have a coffee Bacon roll/sausage roll at the half way hut depending on tee time.

Couple of drinks vary between coffee/tea/lime and soda/lager/white wine depending on situation.

I support my clubhouse at every oppurtunnity as fo many others.

Car park golfers imo should be charged more in subs.

I voted 5 but i'm probably closer to 3 .
yeah punish the people that have to work or spend time with their families,great idea 😂😂😂😂

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Dont normally eat after, but always have coffee and breakfast pre golf and a drink or too after.

The early restaurant opening of 7am is quite lucrative for our club as every club in the area don’t open their kitchens until gone 9am.

I don’t get it… maybe they just have car park members 🤷🏼

Vokey

Banned
Visit site
yeah punish the people that have to work or spend time with their families,great idea 😂😂😂😂
Dont be so dramatic. I'm not expecting you to leave you kids home alone.

It's better than punishing those who actually support their golf club bar financially every week.

Surely spending an extra 30 mins per week in a club bar buying a soft drink/pot of tea wont stop ypu from doing what you've suggested.

Vokey

Banned
Visit site
I have hardly ever played a full round and not gone in the clubhouse afterwards, either for a pint or a cup of tea (no food). However I have no issue with people who play and leave straight after. Our subscriptions entitle us to play golf, they don't require us to use any of the other facilities. Nor should they.
There's more to a golf club than just 18 holes of golf. Supporting those extra services can help improve the standard of golf course your club is able to provide

How many times have you heard club members complaining that theyve had to pay a £50 bar levy?

D

Deleted member 35577

The clubhouse at my club is always jumping. All the rollups arrive early for a coffee and stay for a drink after. Lots have food as well. Social nights are always packed out too. Everyone knows everyone else, it is very welcoming.
I get that some people just want to be carpark golfers. Their choice but I can't help but feel they are missing out on a lot of the benefits of club membership.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Voted 2 - always have a couple of drinks after the round. Very occasionally I might have a sandwich as well but not often. I usually play with two of my best mates so the drinks after are part of the weekly catch-up/social aspect.

Even if playing with other members I feel like having a drink afterwards is the done thing and I enjoy getting to know people in the club. But it doesn't bother me if others can't or don't want to do that, everyone is different.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Very variable. I will very rarely turn up early for a roll or food.

I play a fair bit on my own for a few holes in which case I'm a carpark golfer.

Most weeks I play with a friend and have a drink and a meal afterwards.

If I'm playing in a ballsup or competition I will almost always have a drink and sometimes snack afterwards.

I attend a few social events with a meal but no golf each year.
If I have guests I usually will have a drink and often a meal afterwards.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
There's more to a golf club than just 18 holes of golf. Supporting those extra services can help improve the standard of golf course your club is able to provide

How many times have you heard club members complaining that theyve had to pay a £50 bar levy?
Surely car park golfers should pay less because they aren’t using the other facilities.

Let those who want to use the clubhouse fund it.

I pay my fees to play golf. If I wanted to join an old boys club I would do that. I’m not paying extra to keep some retirees warm in the clubhouse during the week when I’m working.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I'd double the fees.

Play golf and suoport the club.

If supporting the club is your goal it would be better for the club if you gave them £40 a week and went down the pub for your post round drinks.

Then the club wouldn't be burdened with the additional cost of having to build a clubhouse and staff a bar.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve normally got plans for after golf, whether it’s going for a long walk, shopping, diy/jobs around the house etc, spending time with my wife, it’s a fair trade off for spending 5-6 hours away from her on the only 2 days of the week we get off together. So, I always stop for a couple of drinks but never food. Especially not on a Sunday because the family come round and we have a roast dinner.

Hope that doesn’t mean I should be charged more 🤣

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm a number 1 , I usually play on a Saturday morning and finished by 12 o'clock most times. I'm involved in other sports so usually on to those for the afternoon. I'd already feel golf is after taking up a good chunk of my Saturday so wouldn't appeal to me to go in after for food or whatever.