• Who needs grooves

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Somewhere in between

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I clean my grooves after every shot, I have one of those pocket groove things.

It amazes me how many people don't pick and clean their balls this time of year too - you're just making the game so much harder!
A wet club face and a wet ball decimate your spin.......

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Although in the main I am very good (clubs go home after about every third round for a thorough clean) there are occasions when I forget to do it after a shot but would never play a shot with muck in the grooves

I keep saying to myself clean the club after the last shot not before the next one.

D

Deleted member 1147

I spit on the club after I use it and give it a bit of a wipe.
It's not perfect so every few weeks I give them a decent clean.
But I'm certainly not overly bothered about it.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I usually give the face a wee clean with the brush when I'm putting the lazer back in the bag.

Always aware of keeping the face clean.

By no means a clean freak though. Grips can get fairly slippy before I get the sponge out on them. Every once in a while they get the treatment.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Club is wiped after every shot before it goes back in the bag. It’s long been a habit. And the grooves get a clean before any club is used.

I’ve got plenty excuses for bad golf shots. I’m not going to add dirty clubheads to the list.

As for grips, if they’re losing a bit of tackiness then, towards the end of their lifespan before I replace them, I will dissolve a dishwasher tablet in a bowl of warm water and give them a scrub. It does wonders.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
not filthy, i give the groves a quick brush after each shot, but not as spotless as my clubs used to be. When i had blades i cleaned them and all my grips every week without fail. i suppose my lack of care now goes with my lack of play.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Have’t a clue how clean mine are, but I’ll find out tomorrow. They’ve been out on loan for 6 weeks to someone whose clubs were in storage whilst they waited for the new house to be finished.

I’ll need them for my first game of the year next week.