Cost of Annual Membership at your Club

How much is Annual Membership at your club?

• Total voters

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
My Saunton renewal just came in. Up 6%. I can live with that. Still decent value in the context of the prevailing green fee... 😉

I think Newport is going up a bit more. That's getting to a point where I might consider a move. But not much locally to rival it as a package.

D-S

Visit site
My Saunton renewal just came in. Up 6%. I can live with that. Still decent value in the context of the prevailing green fee... 😉

I think Newport is going up a bit more. That's getting to a point where I might consider a move. But not much locally to rival it as a package.
Perhaps one of the reasons for the low increase is the 'prevailing green fee' subsidising annual fees.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Chose to drive into Manchester cos the trains were on strike. Oh well it will work out cheaper. No chance. £25 to park all day. Unbelievable !!!

The Lion

Visit site

Saunton have hiked their fees to rip-off levels since Covid.

Literally doubled the winter and twilight rates 😡

I really wanted to play it, but it’s just overpriced now.

I just can’t get my head around these clubs’ greed in what are tough times for so many of us 😢

The Lion

Visit site
There are alternatives nearby but very little/no competition. One is a 9 hole course and the other 2 are OK but many of their members have come to our Club.

I will accept as it is 3 miles away and feel it is preferable than the alternatives. I spoke to a guy last night, plays off 1 who said he is leaving and I feel The Club may be in for a shock. Really hope I am wrong
Are you at Carlisle GC by any chance?

sunshine

Visit site
Saunton have hiked their fees to rip-off levels since Covid.

Literally doubled the winter and twilight rates 😡

I really wanted to play it, but it’s just overpriced now.

I just can’t get my head around these clubs’ greed in what are tough times for so many of us 😢

I don’t like it but I don’t see it as greed either. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe you’re being greedy expecting all these great clubs to offer you cheap green fees?

gxgcgolf

Visit site
But if a person believes the members are being greedy then they wouldn’t accept a discounted guest fee invitation on principle 🤔🤣
Why do you think that the members set the club green fees...? Bizarre.

And if you think that people don't play top courses 'on principle' then dream on.

The Lion

Visit site
I don’t like it but I don’t see it as greed either. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe you’re being greedy expecting all these great clubs to offer you cheap green fees?

I’m stunned you think that! Tbh some other golfers I know said the same thing — yet such an assertion doesn’t pass muster when you examine the way that most of these clubs have massively hiked rates between 50-100% or more since Covid.

They weren’t cheap before then, but now they’re very overpriced. The strange thing is that there seem to be LOADS of tee times available at many (but not all) top clubs, especially off season.

Yet still they hike their rates.

Just like Biden, I called this coat of greed. And that’s what it is. Greed. These profiteering price hikes have been covered in the media on a few occasions, not just relating to golf I might add.

The Lion

Visit site
I dont think they have doubled since covid.

But, either way, there seems to be a long line of folk booking visitor times.

But, at least you have access to getting signed in at member guest rate! Possibly 😉
That’s kind of you to at least drop the hint 😉

D

Deleted member 25172

Could a new poll be done for prices that are coming through for this year?
You can always create a new thread early doors next year and ask the same question. Don't believe you can run a second poll within a thread.