England Golf Union - Club Of The Year

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My club has been nominated for an award at the annual England Golf Union awards ceremony. With the new General Manager in post for the last 2 and a half years it has gone from strength to strength and the work they have done around getting people interested in the game, joining and changing our overall demographic has had a really positive impact. With a four year bunker programme halfway through and some aesthetic changes to some holes it represents a completely different feeling club and now plays somewhat different to when it did what must be coming up to a decade ago when I hosted a mini meet. I might see how the land lies in 2024 and do another mini meet

In the meantime I am proud my club has been recognised but there seems to be a host of worthy nominees

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My club has been nominated for an award at the annual England Golf Union awards ceremony. With the new General Manager in post for the last 2 and a half years it has gone from strength to strength and the work they have done around getting people interested in the game, joining and changing our overall demographic has had a really positive impact. With a four year bunker programme halfway through and some aesthetic changes to some holes it represents a completely different feeling club and now plays somewhat different to when it did what must be coming up to a decade ago when I hosted a mini meet. I might see how the land lies in 2024 and do another mini meet

In the meantime I am proud my club has been recognised but there seems to be a host of worthy nominees
Great news that there are a lot of worthy nominees and glad your club is one of them and good luck with it.

sunshine

Visit site
Nice. Must feel good to be a part of a club that is really thriving and widening the demographic.

Question on the bunker programme: are there a lot of bunkers and how much is it costing?