Cost of Annual Membership at your Club

How much is Annual Membership at your club?

• Total voters

D-S

Visit site
I think we've had 25 non renewals. Some deaths, some moved and some resigned.

75 or so on waiting list ....
That sounds like it’s a relatively low amount of loss, I think 5-8% is the longer term average in member clubs, obviously it depends on the club’s demographic.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
£767 for 5 day membership at my place and no playing off whites! The email came through on the same day as I rejoined my old club for £885 for 7 day.

Swango1980

Visit site
£767 for 5 day membership at my place and no playing off whites! The email came through on the same day as I rejoined my old club for £885 for 7 day.
No playing off whites. How do they manage that? If you submit a General Play round, selecting the white tees, will someone monitor this and then issue you a fine?

Albo

Visit site
No playing off whites. How do they manage that? If you submit a General Play round, selecting the white tees, will someone monitor this and then issue you a fine?
Club I’m a member at has the same rule, and I have no comprehension as to why they have it. The markers are out, the course is measured, why on earth not let people play from the tees they want? They are reserved just for comps, so if it’s a pace of play thing (the course is really quiet outside of comps anyway) that makes no sense either.
It’s a nonsense and I generally play from the whites anyway

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Teddy sheringham is banned from orsett golf club for playing off the whites a few times..asked to not play off them and still did

Pathetic rule imo ofc but I'm sure some will be like "rules are rules"

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Its been a rule at my 3 previous clubs but not at Ellesborough
If the Whites are out we can use them.
I don't get the "being saved for competition " argument.
On some courses there can be a huge difference between yellows and whites and can be like playing a completely different course..

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
On some courses there can be a huge difference between yellows and whites and can be like playing a completely different course..
In the summer at night I always liked playing off the whites as you practice the shots you are going to play at the weekend in the comp. I’ve been pulled about it for the same reason ‘saving it for the comps’. It’s absolute rubbish.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I'm glad our club isn't so regressive as some.

Can play off yellow white or black anytime (if they are out)

ATM we are just yellows as it's winter they protecting the course , moving them about sometimes to the spare tee boxes and such

Blacks is the comps which is ridiculously long in some . The 16th is 380 off whites and 440 off blacks .. it's when you get off the 634 yard par 5 and walk off the green...too the tee and you realise you have to turn right and walk 60 yards back for the tee

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Club I’m a member at has the same rule, and I have no comprehension as to why they have it. The markers are out, the course is measured, why on earth not let people play from the tees they want? They are reserved just for comps, so if it’s a pace of play thing (the course is really quiet outside of comps anyway) that makes no sense either.
It’s a nonsense and I generally play from the whites anyway
I would say it's to protect the playing surface of the white tee's from overuse. We can play from any tee, but it does mean that the whites suffer considerably more wear than the forward tee's. Personally feel that their should be some restriction though feel a blanket no play from the whites except in comps is a little ott.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Some of the courses I play will, in the winter, for general play move the yellows forward a bit and put the white markers near the back of the yellow tees. Simples :cool:

Albo

Visit site
I would say it's to protect the playing surface of the white tee's from overuse. We can play from any tee, but it does mean that the whites suffer considerably more wear than the forward tee's. Personally feel that their should be some restriction though feel a blanket no play from the whites except in comps is a little ott.
Perhaps it is, but why not move the markers each morning and surely having everyone off the yellows does more damage to that tee than spreading the load between yellow and white?

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Perhaps it is, but why not move the markers each morning and surely having everyone off the yellows does more damage to that tee than spreading the load between yellow and white?
That very much depends, at my club I would say 90% of members play all their rounds off the whites, meaning generally the yellow tees suffer little wear compared to whites. You can move the markers regularly but you must bear in mind that the course needs to be kept within 100yds of that measured in order to stay qualifying. Better to me that some days members are restricted to the forward tee, as and when necessary to protect the we playing surfaces.

Albo

Visit site
That very much depends, at my club I would say 90% of members play all their rounds off the whites, meaning generally the yellow tees suffer little wear compared to whites. You can move the markers regularly but you must bear in mind that the course needs to be kept within 100yds of that measured in order to stay qualifying. Better to me that some days members are restricted to the forward tee, as and when necessary to protect the we playing surfaces.
Not sure it’s the same at my course though I’d never know as people can’t play off th whites!! There are a lot of older members who I think prefer the shorter yellows but I could be wrong.
I have no problem in some days making it a yellow course and others white or whatnot, what grinds is the white markers are always out yet you can’t use them! Just take them in any only put them out on comp days if you really want everyone to abide by them rules

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure it’s the same at my course though I’d never know as people can’t play off th whites!! There are a lot of older members who I think prefer the shorter yellows but I could be wrong.
I have no problem in some days making it a yellow course and others white or whatnot, what grinds is the white markers are always out yet you can’t use them! Just take them in any only put them out on comp days if you really want everyone to abide by them rules

Our black tees get removed every now and again when a big comp like the local pga pro events are being planned to protect the tees

But yes like this. If you don't want them played take the tees away for that period