Competition: What golf glove do you wear and why?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Typical, I thought I was settled on FJ, but these Fit39 ones have me intrigued. Someone said they had the same one for 10 years!? What on earth? I may give them a go when I've gone through the two FJ gloves I bought last.

I can't attach pictures for some reason, so can't show its condition.

I played with this golve for 2 or 3 years at least once per week plus many range sessions.

Then I dropped to playing a handful of times a year for 5/6 years. The glove just got stuffed back in my bag after each round. Normal gloves would have gone rock hard or disintegrated.

And I've been playing regularly again now for 2 years, apart from lockdowns. But the glove just keeps on being every bit as good as it always has been.

They are a touch thicker than some other gloves, but I can live with it.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Although I wear a glove all year, it's only in summer when it's really hot that a glove is essential for me.

Try playing without a glove in a tropical climate with shiny grips. I did this once and watched the club sail out of my hands on the 1st tee... rather embarrassing in front of the clubhouse :LOL:

Fair enough, hottest i play in is just peak summer in the UK, so low 30's at best, if it got any hotter than that i can't imagine that i'd be keen to get out and play a round at all!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
JL Golf MLs via Ebay
Cabretta for Summer
Synthetic for Winter (with MacWets in the bag if necessary)
Cabrettas don't cover the wrist as much as 'main' brands, but that's 'wasted' material anyway.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
At the moment, it's a Callaway Tour Authentic. This is a change from the usual Footjoy which I normally wear.

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
Never really thought about a particular glove just wore one from the best deals...
However got given a Titleist Perma-soft with iron set purchase last year and was very impressed, so bought a few for this year.

D

Deleted member 21258

When a woman wears leather, my heart beats quicker, my throat gets dry, my knees go weak and I begin to think irrationally.

Thats why I like a leather glove, any make will do. Whoops wrong forum.

bwstokie

Visit site
Wow can’t believe no one seems to have said “Titleist Players” yet?

Absolutely the best feeling glove I’ve ever tried, little pricey but seems to more than make up for it in durability!

A single Footjoy Rainsoft if the weather is bad enough - can’t be done with wearing two gloves.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Footjoy CabrettaSof

There is nothing better for me, it fits well, grips perfectly with few seams around the contact areas. The latter is what puts me off many other gloves, too many seams and panels which are generally the irritating or weak points in gloves. The CabrettaSof is the closest thing I've found to having a supple yet tough shield around my fingers, after all the only reason I wear the glove is to protect my interlocking grip from blisters. I like the feel and durability of natural soft leather, I've yet to find a synthetic glove that equals the combination of feel and durability that leather provides. Costwise I find they're great value as one glove will last me a whole season or more if kept dry, their only weakness, being leather they're more difficult to keep in good condition in the rain. Great glove, no hesitation in saying they're the best for my needs.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Worn FJ GTX extreme for a long time .
I used to be a tester for these gloves and found them the best for me.
They are good in all weather.
Mizuno wet weather gloves in the rain, they were a gift
Was given some UA medal and they are very nice but seem bigger than FJ.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I do like the FJ Weathersof but I just seem to buy random gloves now, whatever the shop has in stock in my size and at a reasonable price. I Think I currently have some Wilson and Srixon in the bag. If I thought for one second a more expensive glove would make a difference then I'd spend a bit more, but for now under a tenner will do fine.
My size is medium when you send them out BTW ?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
FootJoy Spectrum gloves if someone is asking me what I want for Birthday or Christmas ;) - love the bright colours.

MAcWet rain gloves if the grips get wet.

Cobra Pure Tech Golf Gloves if I'm buying myself - seem to be good value.

I usually have a "competition glove" in the bag and a couple of social round gloves - once the comp. glove loses it's "newness" it gets demoted to the social round pile.