Competition: What golf glove do you wear and why?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Srixon cabretta. Just got three for £27 which compared to other similar gloves is a bargain. Don’t think I have worn anything else since returning to game 12 years ago. M/L perfect size as well. ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Fit39. They fit well. They grip even better.
They don't stretch and deform over time and are good in the wet.

I've had mine getting on for 10 years and its still going strong.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Srixon cabretta. Just got three for £27 which compared to other similar gloves is a bargain. Don’t think I have worn anything else since returning to game 12 years ago. M/L perfect size as well. ?
Last time I saw you it looked like,e you'd been wearing one for 11 of those years...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I recently switched to cadet sized titliest gloves

Due to the shape of My hands they fit really nice so give me better feel

In the wet I wear FJ rain grip and in winter I wear FJ winter gloves ..

Just because they give me ample grip for the conditions and keep my hands warm

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only time I have been committed to one brand is back in the days when Kasco were very common. There wet weather glove actually got more grippy the wet it got but I used cord grips. I also used to like Footjoy weathersoft.

Being a hard up pensioner these days it is often what is cheapest in Sports Direct which is next door to the golf course. Dunlop do make some good stuff.

Knowing how good Pittards Leather is (Yeovil Company) if I spot cloves on ebay made with it going for a reasonable price I tend to snap them up. There was a time when they supplied the leather to Footjoy but I do not know if they still do. I bought my house of their Sales Manager and he kindly left me a few when we moved in.

D

Deleted member 15344

FJ Cabrettasof - full leather , soft grip , hard wearing as well

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I use FootJoy CabrettaSof, and have done so for many years now. It just ticks all the boxes for me - feels comfortable, grips the club nicely, looks smart, isn't too expensive if you buy when on an offer.

I'll happily try out some different gloves if I win the competition though ;)

YandaB

Visit site
I've had Hirzl ones for a few years now, long lasting and grip in the wet (rain or perspiration). Just started with a Fit39 which suits my shape of hand well (almost all other gloves don't overlap on the velcro on my hands despite being properly measured, if they do then they are too small elsewhere), I hope that they have the same longevity.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm wearing the Cobra Microgrip Flex, they are at my club pro shop and £21 for 3 so that's why I'm wearing them. Not going to lie, they aren't as durable as I want. May go back to the Callaway Weather Span (another choice at my pro shop) they seem to have more durability.
If I'm honest I sometimes wonder why I wear a glove, I do because when I started golf everyone wore them.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't be able to tell you. I typically just ask pro shop/American golf depending on where I am to recommend a glove that's mid-range pricing. As a result very little consistency on brand but rarely have i thought I can't play with this when handed it.

If you were asking me to specifically make a decision I'd probably go Footjoy as main brand when a junior but that's all.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
None.
I was playing in Spain when I lost my glove early in the round.
I finished the round and realised that not having a glove made absolutely no difference whatsoever.
Have never worn one since ........................ except my Macwets when it's raining heavily.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Footjoy Weathersof in Ladies Medium. Seem a good blend of feel and robustness. Last me ages and somehow don't start to look filthy like so many others I've tried. Or maybe I'm less picky these days!

Macwets in the wet though. I have the Footjoy Raingrip ones but not quite as good as the Macwets.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
None.
I was playing in Spain when I lost my glove early in the round.
I finished the round and realised that not having a glove made absolutely no difference whatsoever.
Have never worn one since ........................ except my Macwets when it's raining heavily.
Well now you've entered, what are you going to do if you win? :LOL:

gopher99

Visit site
I use the Footjoy proflx, unfortunately being a really soft leather doesn’t hold up in the rain well. I went through 3 gloves in a 36 hole comp last year.