Glove and baseball cap? No sir, not me.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Glove always on, without one its like playing naked!
(stays on for putting as well)

Cap too (its just too sunny not to) even changed caps after 9 holes as the first is too sweaty

Anyway my sponsor wouldn't be happy if I didn't wear them :D

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wear a baseball cap as it has a magnetic section in the peak where the ball marker lives, I hate having loose tees, markers in my pocket, so marker on the hat and one tee in the pocket.

I tried playing without a glove but it didn't feel right.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Wear a glove as my hands get quite sweaty. Combine that will full cord grips and I have no issues.

Hat will vary depending on the sun. Having a bald head makes wearing one a sensible precaution, but I'll sometimes just lather up in sunblock and chuck on my Oakleys :D

Hit and miss with a cap.

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I wear a glove because when I started playing I just thought that's what you were suppoosed to do? Tried hitting a shot without one once and it didn't feel right.

I wear a cap just because I like to wear one on the course. No real reason other than that.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I wear a baseball cap as it has a magnetic section in the peak where the ball marker lives, I hate having loose tees, markers in my pocket, so marker on the hat and one tee in the pocket.

I tried playing without a glove but it didn't feel right.

Yeah I've seen those on telly... the LPGA I think it was :D

Top tip, if you wear your hair just right you can stick the tee into your bun ;)

Sorry couldn't resist :cheers:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Playing without a glove is like any grip change . It will take time to get used to. After that it will feel comfortable and will save you an absolute fortune.

I have a glove in the bag for when it gets really wet. Even if it goes on I take it off at the first opportunity.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting reading these back as it seems I'm certainly not alone. We have a group of around 20 of us in our roll up and I'm the only gloveless Douglas in that, and often when playing in matches away from ours people will often ask me "don't you wear a glove then?"

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I do wear a glove as in the words of Tom Baker, Blackadder, "you have a womans hands" and I get blisters very easily. Wearing a glove stops this and gives me a better grip on the club.

I wear a hat quite often to prevent sunstroke/sunburn in the heat, keeps me warmer in the cold, rain out of my eyes in the rain and it helps me to focus on a target, cutting out some peripheral stuff. I don't wear a hat outside of golf but I quite like it on the course. Another vote for bonce as an underused word that should be used more.

RollinThunder

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last time I didn't wear a glove, I ended up with a massive blister on my left index finger.

I'm not keen on wearing a cap, because I have long hair and it looks stupid when I have "hat hair" afterwards. I like the idea of a visor, but they look even dafter with long hair. I'm pretty sure that Bubba Watson cuts his hair around his visor, as with long hair it's even more difficult to get one to look right.

If I genuinely thought that I looked good wearing a cap, then I would wear one, but I don't :D

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Last time I didn't wear a glove, I ended up with a massive blister on my left index finger.

I'm not keen on wearing a cap, because I have long hair and it looks stupid when I have "hat hair" afterwards. I like the idea of a visor, but they look even dafter with long hair. I'm pretty sure that Bubba Watson cuts his hair around his visor, as with long hair it's even more difficult to get one to look right.

If I genuinely thought that I looked good wearing a cap, then I would wear one, but I don't :D

Just cut your hair mate, it's not the 1980's any more :D

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Didn't wear a glove for about 12 years mainly due to the odd sun-tan it created (I tan quite easily) and for similar reasons I just wear SPF50 all over my head (sure you get the picture....and it doesn't involve a hairstyle :D). The Stewart Cink look isn't for me!

I would add though that about 3/4 years ago my hands developed dry skin/cracking in all the areas of both hands that grip the club. I've had allergy tests etc and they are all clear and I can only put it down to the wear and tear over the years I didn't wear one. Still an issue that needs to be managed with various creams etc. Anyone else has had similar problems? I now wear two gloves!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I suffer from shiny bonce syndrome and so tend to wear a cap in the sun and definitely in the rain as I always wear glasses. I always wear a glove. Always have. Just doesn't feel right without it after so many years