Why one glove & not two

oleinone

Visit site
I never play with a glove and try to avoid playing in persistent rain. Last Friday heavy rain started after a few holes and we decided to pack it in playing the 8th and 9th on the way in. On the 9th tee a combination of cold and wet hands almost saw my 8 iron fly from my grip. It gave me a jolt imagining the damage that could have been caused - I'm going to invest in some wet weather gloves just in case.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
After my finger op end of last year and the subsequent pain from the fused joint and swelling , I've tried 2 gloves a couple of times. It just feels weird and didn't help.

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I recall from reading a book a while back that the "reason" for one glove was because golfers used to hit off mounds of soil instead of a wooden tee and they used a glove to avoid their hands from getting dirty while building the little mound of soil.
In modern times it makes sense to me that a glove on the left hand is needed to best grip for a right handed players as they swing through towards the target.

sjw

Visit site
Another thing to think about, I guess, is that the top hand wears the glove because it's the hand subject to the most force due to the lever effect.