Do you wear a glove ?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I wear a glove for any shot with driver down to 7 iron. Then off for 8 iron through putter, for full shots, half shots, pitching, chipping and putting.
It's completely psychological, but I believe I get more feel for the shots that require finesse.

Maxxx17

Visit site
I didn't feel comfortable wearing gloves at first either. And my trainer told me for a long time that they were necessary to increase the grip and protect the skin of the hands from possible friction. I even got blisters. Somehow over time I got used to them and now I never take them off.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I wear a glove for any shot with driver down to 7 iron. Then off for 8 iron through putter, for full shots, half shots, pitching, chipping and putting.
It's completely psychological, but I believe I get more feel for the shots that require finesse.
I'm sitting here trying to get my head around the words Bratty and Finesse.....:whistle:o_O;)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
If gloves are so great why do golfers only wear one.....[my standard reply to all glove threads.]:p

Because on the other hand, only three or four fingers are touching the club so maybe not required?

I wear a glove for anything outside 100 yds. Take it off for pitches, chips and putts.

I do often practice in the garden without a glove, the callouses Orikoru refers to are abundantly clear.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hands harden up if you struggle through it. Much like learning to play the guitar.

I have a glove for when its completely lashing down. Even when it's just spitting I dont bother.

Modern grips are great.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I wear a glove because that's what everyone wears. Must admit though I'm considering not bothering, just have the rain/thermals in the winter time and use liquid chalk instead.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am one of those who puts one on the first tee /range and it stays on until I finish the round.

I tried a short period of no glove but soon went back to one a after a round of sweaty palms and the club nearly flying out of my hands.

I was taught that the glove is on the leading/upper hand as it is this hand which controls power and the trailing /lower hand provides direction control.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On for first shot .
Off after putt on 18th.

Anyone with clammy or sweaty hands should try Mac wets they are good for this.
I used them in hot countries for golf.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If gloves are so great why do golfers only wear one.....[my standard reply to all glove threads.]:p
I've tried playing with two gloves on in winter and I end up slicing everything. I need my right hand on the grip for feel/control. Glove on the left hand is just for grip, and as I said earlier, prevents blisters there.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Wear a glove on both hands in winter. I don’t take my gloves off for putting. I wear one glove in Summer and only take it off between shots if it’s a particularly warm day

C7usk

Visit site
I can't imagine not wearing a glove for virtually all shots apart from putts. Mostly wear a titleist player glove. Not cheap around 13 to 15 pounds . I have tried cheaper ones but they just don't have the same grip. I'm amazed so many on this forum don't wear one as I can't mind the last time I seen someone play on our course without one... I will be keeping more of a look out now to see.

D

Deleted member 23344

Mine goes on by the 1st tee and comes off after the 18th green.
It's time everyone who takes theirs off after every shot, or takes it off to chip and putt and folds it nearly to out in their back pocket with the fingers hanging out admits to themselves that they're just copying the Pros...you know you are...go on..admit it..

Me too … wear it all through the round.

j.farnandez

gbapps.net
Haven’t wore one for a long time because I felt I had a better feel for the club without one.

Now I’ve changed a few things I’m starting to get friction at the bottom right of my left palm which is causing slight discomfort.

Is this normal and the reason why most right handed golfers wear gloves on their left hand?
Whenever I play golf wearing gloves, I feel very discomfort.

Because when I hit the ball, my stick slips out of my hands

Last edited: